RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i'm planning to make an order on a new rrs sc v8 and i read some where that seat aren't comfortable ,can someone please comment on seat comfort
thank you

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Seat and driving position comfort is so subjective ... so much depends on your body shape and what you like or are willing to put up with. I have a RR, but have not seen any comment about the RRS having uncomfortable seats. There were some comments recently about the new RRS SVR that have more "sporty" seats, but I haven't seen any comments/reviews on how "sporty" those seats are and how they compare to the other RRS versions.

I would highly recommend as long a test drive as possible to get a feel for the seats ... not a decision you can make based on other people's comments/bodies.

·
Registered
727 Posts
i would characterize the seats as firm but not rock hard. I found them softer than BMW seats are typically.

Madam MDX is spot-on... you need to try the car on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i would characterize the seats as firm but not rock hard. I found them softer than BMW seats are typically.

Madam MDX is spot-on... you need to try the car on.
For sure, because i think my BMW M3 seats are more comfortable than the RRS seats. But i don't think the RRS seats are anywhere near uncomfortable.

I've had a few passengers comment on how much MORE comfortable my RRS seats are than the LR2 or Evoque loaners i've had.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
I'm happy with the fronts. I've even sat in back with no problems. Some have reported the rear seats as being too hard.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
:) @ vett

I'm done with errands so will comment more on seat comfort. Having had the fortune/misfortune of having to drive several loaners the last 2 months, I can attest to the importance of not just the comfort of the seat itself, but the ability to adjust the seat to fit your body and give you the best driving position and visibility while driving.

I'm not a tall or big person, so I look for seats that can be raised very high up to give me the best visibility out of the car. I also like to sit a bit more reclined than the average person and like the steering wheel low, so a telescoping and adjustable steering wheel with extra articulation and reach is important.

My worst loaner for seat adjustment and visibility was the Jaguar XF 2.0T. The seats themselves had enough padding, but the 6-way adjustable seats just did not have enough range of adjustment to give me any visibility over the hood and had my legs too close to the pedals in order to allow me to reach the steering wheel comfortably. No lumbar support at all. I had a 3-hour round trip last week, part of it in stop and go traffic, and it was very uncomfortable.

I can only comment on 2015 RR ATB seats and although it is a pretty big SUV, it does a great job of providing enough adjustments that a short/smaller person can sit comfortably and even be able to see over the hood. I wish we could specify the additonal seat choices that are available in the UK. One of the options was articulation of the top part of the seat back, which I think the LWB models might now get here in the US. The other thing I miss are headrests that can be tilted or be pulled forward so that you can sit with your head against it. Nice to have on a long drive when you want to take some pressure off your neck. My headrests are supposed to have that ... except if you have the RES ... I would have used the headrest more, but didn't know it was one or the other. Again I think the LWB has that, probably because the larger screens sit outside of the headrests. Hmm, maybe I should have gone for the LWB!

I would rather have a stiffer seat that can be adjusted to the right position, than a soft/plush seat that has you in the wrong driving position. Bottom line: get the seat and steering wheel that give you the most adjustment options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
383vett
Don't forget gal
how can we forget the gals :oops:
:smile: @ vett

I'm done with errands so will comment more on seat comfort. Having had the fortune/misfortune of having to drive several loaners the last 2 months, I can attest to the importance of not just the comfort of the seat itself, but the ability to adjust the seat to fit your body and give you the best driving position and visibility while driving.

I'm not a tall or big person, so I look for seats that can be raised very high up to give me the best visibility out of the car. I also like to sit a bit more reclined than the average person and like the steering wheel low, so a telescoping and adjustable steering wheel with extra articulation and reach is important.

My worst loaner for seat adjustment and visibility was the Jaguar XF 2.0T. The seats themselves had enough padding, but the 6-way adjustable seats just did not have enough range of adjustment to give me any visibility over the hood and had my legs too close to the pedals in order to allow me to reach the steering wheel comfortably. No lumbar support at all. I had a 3-hour round trip last week, part of it in stop and go traffic, and it was very uncomfortable.

I can only comment on 2015 RR ATB seats and although it is a pretty big SUV, it does a great job of providing enough adjustments that a short/smaller person can sit comfortably and even be able to see over the hood. I wish we could specify the additonal seat choices that are available in the UK. One of the options was articulation of the top part of the seat back, which I think the LWB models might now get here in the US. The other thing I miss are headrests that can be tilted or be pulled forward so that you can sit with your head against it. Nice to have on a long drive when you want to take some pressure off your neck. My headrests are supposed to have that ... except if you have the RES ... I would have used the headrest more, but didn't know it was one or the other. Again I think the LWB has that, probably because the larger screens sit outside of the headrests. Hmm, maybe I should have gone for the LWB!

I would rather have a stiffer seat that can be adjusted to the right position, than a soft/plush seat that has you in the wrong driving position. Bottom line: get the seat and steering wheel that give you the most adjustment options.
trez63
Re: seat comfort
Yes, they're comfortable. ;)
when i sat in the car at the dealership i thought that the seats were a little stiff compared to my current ride cayenne 2012

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. The rumours are correct. They are dreadfully uncomfortable. My previous two RRS were incredibly comfortable but my new one is shockingly bad. Anything over 1 hour of driving results is a very painful back. I believe the problem is that the cabin and seats were designed by and for people well over 6 foot tall. This causes the lumbar to hit the middle of a shorter person's back. The solution? A 4 inch seat cushion on long trips to lift the body up to a height where the lumbar is in the right place. Also in the old ones, the arm rests were perfect. in this one they are almost useless as they dont align correctly with the driving position.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I find mine quite comfy.. They are far more comfy than my 2010 RRS were.. Going back to the second comment in this thread, comfort is so subjective. I think both sides of the argument can be made for virtually every car ever made.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Yes as stated earlier the seat comfort is very subjective.

When I first got my truck (2011 RRS) I didn't think it was very comfortable but I knew that it would be. My house was less than 2 miles from the dealership so I hadn't got the seating position to where I would have liked yet.

I have a bad back so cars are a no go for me. And based on my signature the 2 most comfortable rides that I have ever owned are listed. And people think I am crazy but what do they know. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts