RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning every one, my seat belt buckle (reciever) monted to seat? just quit working (87 RRC) drivers side, red button sticks in, so it doesn't stay latched. should i try and take it off clean it up (externally) and see if I can get it working - seems to me probably better to find a new one - or a good used one. anyone have any idea where I can find one?

also looking for the plastic washer fluid reservoir - mines cracked - do i need to repair it, or can reasonable replacements be foumnd?

went to the parts wanted / for sale section - zero posts, so i figured I ought to ask here!

thanks
carl
auberry Ca

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
normally it is dirt from many years of gathering and use, you could try a little lubricant spray. for parts availability, my go to guy is Paul Grant.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There's a internal release mechanism operated by spring (the old ones anyway) that fails over time. Try to removing the part, hand it upside down (latch at bottom, belting at top), spray the tar out of it with LPS 1 Greaseless Lubricant or equivalent (LPS won't damage the plastic), let it sit, wipe it down, see if it works.....

As for the parts, I've used Atlantic British and Rover's North. Both good companies. Why waste time on a 30 year old plastic part (washer fluid bottle) when new is available.

Cheers, Tony
Central Illinois
'96 Disco 1
'85 Classic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts