RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a question, can I replace my 96 rangi seats for the 2000 rangi seats. The motor controls are completely different however the electrical looks the same... I know there is a seat belt mounting issue which is simple to overcome. If the answer to the question is yes, then the next question would be, do you think the black seats would look good with the saddle interior. I really like the 2000 seats they are in excellent condition.
Thank you for your thoughts...

Scotty

·
Registered
407 Posts
seriously, i didnt know they where different. all the p38 models i had i dont remember the buttons being any different at all. Even my 2002 with the oxford leathr interior has what i though were all the same electronics just different covers. Could you elaborate on what you mean by motors being differnt, just curious...

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I'm looking at any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
If you're just doing it for the leather and cushion, that should be a breeze to swap out. Since you have them both out right now, just give it a whirl. My money is on them fitting just fine, although I've never tried it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct. I did it and it works fine, mag hey did you know the headrest go up and down with the touch of a button? Huh... :oops: Ok so now I'm thinking about changing the worn saddle interior for the 2000 blk interior. :think:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Yeah, I knew that. I think I've used it maybe twice... once to see what it did, and once again to hold my beach towel in place while coming home from the beach. It's neat, but almost uselsess. Plus I don't think it adjusts with the memory function... but not 100% sure.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Only difference in the seats is that there are side airbags in the black seats. They won't go off in an accident (obviously) if they are in your 96.

Why aren't you just flipping a tranny into the 2000? That was a pretty awesome truck.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2000 turned out to be a piece of crap as a car, too many issues with it! W 8-0= Which makes it a perfect parts car.. Now the interior is in great condition.

I was thinking of changing the carpet to the black but I thing the brown look really good. Any thoughts..

Scotty

·
Registered
407 Posts
black, but changing the dash and headliner would be to much of a pain...... Least for me. I use the headrest to hold my camera in place when off roading :)

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Leave it Scotty!
I meant to call you back, but had a hectic 1.5 days at home mate. Hope to deliver tomorrow then head home for a mini vacation. Got the youngest a dirtbike today too, so now all 3 have one!!!!
Gimme a call tomorrow mate, will probably be sitting around unfortunately.

Martin

·
Registered
896 Posts
The black looks like a nice interior. A few things to consider... black gets hot in california, keep the leather well conditioned. If you start swapping parts, then try and do the whole thing. Otherwise it may look pieced together and complete. I personally like the grey interior if you have one.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how long does it take to remove the interior from a 1996 R.R. ?
how long does it take to remove the interior from a 2000 R.R. ?
how long does it take to install a 2000 interior in a 1996 R.R. ?
Anyone know, well I know, it takes 16 hours to complete!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi Scotty

You have now a tan interior ready to sell and do not have to remove it anymore. :lol:

Jos

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this is true :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
896 Posts
lets see some pics!

·
Registered
401 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Plus I don't think it adjusts with the memory function... but not 100% sure.
Does on mine

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here ya go!

Let me your thoughts guys and remember I now have a great interior available in saddle..

Scotty

1 - 20 of 22 Posts