RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I have searched for the last hour. No dice.

I do NOT want to permanently lower my Range Rover. I just want to be able to lower it ALL THE WAY to the bump stops (when I park it) without cutting valves, pulling plugs, splicing hoses, etc. I need it to fit into a new (and very short) garage WITH the expedition roof rack mounted. Access Mode is just a little too tall.

Anyone have a thought?

I am considering having the dealership reprogram the height for access mode - if such a thing is even possible.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
There is a "Transportation mode" setting that lowers the vehicle to the bump stops (so the retaining straps don't become loose due to an air bag leak while the vehicles are being transported to a dealer) and temporarily raises it when the engine is started to allow vehicle loading on a carrier, but AFAIK it can only be enabled/disabled via T4 by a dealer. I think that recalibrating access mode height - assuming a dealer would even be willing to do it, you may have better luck at an independent equipped with T4/IDS and the knowledge to recalibrate suspensions height - would affect every other mode as well.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm sure if I tried that it would only be a matter of time before the wife or I forgot to lower it one day. I actually know a guy that lived in a complex that had low clearance in the parking garage, one day he forgot to lower to access height... he hit a large high pressure water pipe (fire sprinkler system), severely damaged his roof, and broke the pipe unleashing many thousands of gallons of water into the underground space. The water was knee deep before they got it shut off and it caused water damage to some exotic sports cars that were in there. He paid dearly for that one.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
144 Posts
You could buy a Hawkeye from Bearmach. It allows lowering the transport height.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
linuxfreakus said:
I'm sure if I tried that it would only be a matter of time before the wife or I forgot to lower it one day. I actually know a guy that lived in a complex that had low clearance in the parking garage, one day he forgot to lower to access height... he hit a large high pressure water pipe (fire sprinkler system), severely damaged his roof, and broke the pipe unleashing many thousands of gallons of water into the underground space. The water was knee deep before they got it shut off and it caused water damage to some exotic sports cars that were in there. He paid dearly for that one.

Just sayin'...
sounds like the construction companies fault to me, should've put that pipe out of harms way, just good practice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts