RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey friends, just wanted to ask on your own personal experience, how reliable is the SDV6, SDV8 models? Had a LR3 before and pretty much had a love-hate relationship due to some issues especially the first few month after delivery so kind of skeptical on how the SDV6 or SDV8 will do in terms of reliability specially if it will be kept for quite some time like 5 years and above...

any on-hand experiences is highly appreciated :) Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Do you mean SCV6 and SCV8 engines? The Supercharged V8 has been around for years - including on the earlier RRS since MY2010. The V6 is basically the same V8 engine, minus two cylinders. I'd say the engines themselves are pretty much bulletproof. If you are asking about diesels, we have yet to get them here in North America, so probably not a lot of feedback on this forum.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
Have a SDV8 Diesel , done 5400kms so far over 4 months and so far very reliable and good fuel economy. Avg is 9.6L /100 kms and best 8.6L/100 kms highway use
I have had 3 diesels, 2006 TDv6, 2008 TDv8 and now 2015 SDv8
No problems over last 9years apart from having to replace diesel filters on the TDv8 before 12 months due to leakage from filter onto ground protection tray and onto garage floor/road, normally at 10 months for some reason, maybe got clogged, put a new one on and leakage stopped
Other wise a great engine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Have a SDV8 Diesel , done 5400kms so far over 4 months and so far very reliable and good fuel economy. Avg is 9.6L /100 kms and best 8.6L/100 kms highway use
I have had 3 diesels, 2006 TDv6, 2008 TDv8 and now 2015 SDv8
No problems over last 9years apart from having to replace diesel filters on the TDv8 before 12 months due to leakage from filter onto ground protection tray and onto garage floor/road, normally at 10 months for some reason, maybe got clogged, put a new one on and leakage stopped
Other wise a great engine
Thanks for this one Possum NZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts