RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 S/C RR Sport goes out of warrantee in the next 6 months, so I am starting to look for a SDD system that will work with my truck and my wife's 2012 Jag XK. I found a couple of options and was curious if anyone here had experience with them. See below. I am a little new to the whole SDD/ISD world. I do have some experience with OBD software, specify DIS and INPA, which I used on my BMW E60 M5.

British Diagnostic:
Looks to be V38 of SDD and works on both the Jag and the RR. Can do most calibrations and all diagnostics, as well as suspension settings. Cannot flash program as a subscription to Topix is required.

Mongoose Cable:
Appears to be a JLR approved device which is good, the bad is I do not believe it comes with software. Not really clear how this thing works actually. Maybe with Topix?

OBD365.com: Found this page on Facebook Jaguar&LandRover Diagnostics, branded as related to JLR but I doubt it, sales various versions of SDD up to V142.

Ebay: I found complete SDD/IDS systems including the JLR recommended Panasonic tough book loaded with SDD/ISD

Needless to say I a bit lost with all of it actually.

For my use, I want to be able to do everything a dealer can do in terms of repairs (part replacement/activation/service interval resets) to the truck. I do not see myself doing any actual coding of the modules or customizing. Any feedback or advice would be great.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
20 Posts
Did you ever find a good set of answers to these questions? As a new L322 owner I'm wondering all that myself right now!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no.... I think I am just going to roll the dice and go with the British Diagnostic software. I did email them and they have a version that does not require Topix but can still be used to run adaptations on newly installed parts. You cannot flash program with it, which is fine by me.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
Whatever became of this? Did the British Diagnostics software work out?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the SDD software yesterday, I have been traveling for work quite a bit, so just placed my order a week ago. It was super easy to install on my computer, which was nice. I was able to connect to my Rover on the first attempt so it seems to work just fine! I have not tried to do much with it yet other than reset the service interval. I have a lot to learn, SDD is not as intuitive to use as other software. BMW ISTA/DIS is easier to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts