RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please post some pic's of the hardware that is used to mount the SD rack to the roof. I got my Rack today but I think that half the hardware is missing.. I have only the blocks I think the block should have two pieces to it. Not sure though...

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Max! I got mine from Roverland No Ladder And no hardware! :x :x The guy told me that they didn't have the ladder although when I purchased it they said it came with the ladder! He also said that the Rack was bolted to a car and one of the guys in the shop took it off, which means it had hardware at some point! The rack was 695.00 plus shipping which was C.O.D and they couldn't give me a quote.. When it a arrived I had to pay 200.00 for shipping!
I thought I was buying a new part but they only sell used parts.. I'm glad I got the rack anywho there's not to many around. Now I need the hardware...

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Max would it be too much to ask you to send me pic's of the brackets off the car? Or draw me a pic. so I have can have it made. :oops:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Look easy enough to make if need be Scotty :thumb:
If Max would be kind enough to send a picture with meausrements, you could then trace out the brackets you have to get the exact same profile and shape. :thumb:
As always, let me know if I can help in any way, but I am hoping the buttheads send you the original brackets like they should have done initially :evil:
Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey I just spoke to Andy at Rover Racks, LLC.they make the Voyager Roof Racks Looks a lot like the SD rack. He happens to be in Tampa, and is going to go to Roverland Parts tomorrow and find out where my parts and ladder are.
I told him if they don't have the parts I will return the SD Rack and buy the Voyager Roof Rack from him.. Seems like a nice guy his cell number is on the web site and he picked it up when I called, go figure. What do you call that, oh yeah customer service.. :clap: :clap:
http://www.roverracks.com/P38VR.htm

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Excellent! Nice to see someone else caring about customers too huh? :thumb:
They all charge a bloody fortune for those racks though dont they? :think:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah they do... :snooty: I just noticed that roverland's web-site states no cash refunds exchange's for credit only. We will see about that, if I don't get the parts i'll let them sort that out with the credit card company.
Then i'll wait till I'm working again..
Scotty

G

·
0 Posts
I'll pull one of the mounts off tomorrow and take some pictures and measurements. I know Jim 00 4.6 has some diagrams of how the mounts work posted on here somewhere. Thats sh*tty they didnt send you the mounts or the ladder, I'd be raising some hell on that one. I paid $140 for shipping from Michigan to Florida, if you got residential delivery then $200 doesn't seem that bad as its an extra $80.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They shipped to a buisness.. I'm cool just venting.. :roll:
Thanks Max
Scotty

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here are some pics, but I am sorry for the weak focus. I was using an older camera, but hopefully you can get the idea.

basically, the mounts are 5 inches long (hard to make out the numbers on the ruler). there are two pieces that sandwich the roof extension together and are held by two 5mm nuts. you mount them first to the roof then put the rack on top. the previous picks show the rack attached to each mount. they are connected with 13mm bolts perpendicular to the roof. you need 6 mounts (12 pieces). technically, the mounts don't seem complicated, but I am sure it would be difficult to try and manufacture these yourself. they look like aluminum as they show no rust. hopefully, these pics help. (sorry about the focus or lack thereof)

let us know how it goes. i am interested in RoverRacks ladder. they look like quality racks/ladders.

(fyi, to take one single mount off, I needed to loosen half the upper mounting points and one full end mount to wiggle it out.)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANK YOU Spikemd that is what I needed very cool.. :clap:

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just spoke to the guy at Roverland Parts it turns out I was right :shock: The guy has changed his tune a bit, because his worker just walked in to his office with all my hardware.. :twisted: He is shipping it overnite...
Thank you all for your help!

waiting...waiting....waiting..... /:(

Scotty

·
Registered
65 Posts
What about the ladder they said came with it? Are the shipping that too?

I emailed them a while ago and asked to be informed when they had a ladder in stock, nice to know they follow up on those things! I guess I'll just keep pestering them lol

fyi I paid $90 shipping from FL to VA so another 2000 miles for $110 doesn't sound too bad.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright I got the mounting hardware and with a little push from Martin, the rack is on...
Thanks Martin and slidders are a product of his...

Thank you guys for all your help

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Looking good mate!
I can tell all the cleaning you did while holding off on the roof rack earlier :lol:
Looks nice and clean to me.
Be interesting to see if there is any additional wind noise.....I can see a cardboard template getting shipped to Mo in your future, with a nice polished aluminum deflector getting shipped back to Cali :thumb:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmmmm... :think:

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,244 Posts
Hmmmm, sheet aluminum, all polished and holes countersunk for allen headed stainless bolts... :thumb:
See if you can hear a difference, if it aint broke dont fix it! If there is a lot of noise, then we will talk about it.
I may get another load out of Barstow after I deliver in Sucramento Saturday, so we can make a template then. All you need is some poster board wide enough for the rack, and some markings for the holes etc needed. :thumb:

Martin

G

·
0 Posts
Looks good Scotty. :thumb: When I added my SD rack it caused tons of noise, starting at around 40mph and getting progressively worse. If you plan on adding lights I dont think the wind deflector will work with them. I found turning the radio up a bit louder helps drown out the extra noise.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Scotty, You can make plenty more milk deliveries now! Looks great!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts