Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I cannot hear Live Video broseph!

ETA: Ha, that is because it isn't a Live Feed, my mistake...

Naks, do you park your Rover "Outside" by chance at night? Lot of critters are looking for homes anywhere after dark and when there love to chew on things...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, try this.
funny that, when I went to see my mech, that's the first thing he checked. The bolts were not loose, but he did manage to tighten them a bit more.

@Blue Range Thanks for that, much appreciated (y)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naks, do you park your Rover "Outside" by chance at night? Lot of critters are looking for homes anywhere after dark and when there love to chew on things...
Yes, it lives outside under a carport.

So far I've seen no signs of critter infection, and I check the basics when I wash the car every weekend.

·
Registered
2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE LUXURY
139 Posts
Power assisted brake vacuum booster is my guess. Probably a small leak that seals as the car is used/warms up.

Reactions: naks

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
131 Posts
I experienced this when I first purchased my car in August: Very easy DIY repair under the dash using the torque diagram provided.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2016 HSE RRs does this as well. Weird thing is if I update the CCF of the car with the GAP tool it goes away for a while but ultimately comes back. The noise is there initially before the engine is started FYI.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE
33 Posts
Hi all,

This happened twice in two days, after starting the car the first time in the day (ambient +-34C).

Video: https://www.reddit.com/r/rangeroversport/comments/s3owkq
It doesn't happen after driving around and then starting the car again.

Any ideas?
Definitely the brake booster, mine did the same thing, dealer was familiar with it and replaced the booster under warranty.
Problem solved.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely the brake booster, mine did the same thing, dealer was familiar with it and replaced the booster under warranty.
Problem solved.
thanks Keith, it hasn't done it since a couple of days after tightening the bolts, so looks like the leak is sealed for now.

Reactions: Keith2027

·
Registered
‘16 HSE Loire Blue/Almond, Useless 3rd Row
131 Posts
Don’t be surprised if you need to go in one more time to tighten them. I had to, but it has since been months, so it’s a good fix.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don’t be surprised if you need to go in one more time to tighten them. I had to, but it has since been months, so it’s a good fix.
Yeah, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts