RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

So the more I look into headrest monitors, the more I think it isn't worth it... Now the 2010 Range Rover has the optional rear fold down mirror things, has anyone thought about doing something similiar and putting 9" monitors on the roof that fold down in front of the rear passengers?

There are two main reasons I'm thinking about doing this:

1) Headrest monitors are $$$$
2) Since the RR has theater style seating, the headrests are pretty low and would be kind of tough to see from the back seat.

Anyone know how much the OEM rear mirrors cost? Think I could take one of those apart and fit a monitor in them? Maybe someone else has thought of this, if so any pictures in any cars??

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
The headrest monitors work very well and are pretty close to eye level. IMO, the monitors mounted to the headliner are in the way, both for headroom and for visibility.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Another option is two Ipads with the following headrest mounts. Maybe not as clean but you also get Internet access and games plus you can take it out of the mount and hold it if you like.

http://modulrcase.com/accessories.php

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a big iPad fan...

I really want 9" monitors but I don't need DVD players. I found Vizualogic monitors for only $750 for a pair... I thought they were like $2k.

Does anyone know of the best brand monitors/headrests that are pre-built with OEM leather and whatnot.

-Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That mount is pretty cool, do you think I could mount a nice 9" or 10" monitor onto that? It looks clean without looking too ghetto. It would be nice to be able to remove the monitors in a bad area or something...

Anyone try those mounts with a regular monitor?

-Mike

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's a Genuine Part (there's bound to be a part number for the whole kit) which includes the screen, a multi disc dvd player which sits on top of the nav computer and wireless headphones (although you can reproduce the sound through the car's system too). I bought it new from the junk shop that is Ebay and paid around £1500gbp for it.
It's a plug and play system, there's even tabs underneath the headlining waiting for the console to be mounted. The biggest headache was convincing myself I had done the measuring correctly before taking a knife to the headling...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well that explains why it looks so good.

Here is what I'm thinking, could I buy these:

Then I'll pull the mirrors out and see if it is deep enough to build a monitor into... If my headliner was black, this would be a lot easier. I'm thinking that flip does are a better option if I can get a small unit that matches the OEM color, I think that will be the hardest part.

-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts