RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like Scotty to have her but I don't know if he is active still. Message him for me please?

I'm thinking of selling my 2000 4.6 black on black for peanuts. Talk me out of it or help me price it.

I have Scotty manual individual air ride filter system. Armot Gen III Air Springs. Completing overhauled coolant system with Audi interior heater core. Replaced with near new fuse box. I took the 33s off for stock tire size from Porsche SUV. New drivers and passenger front door lock modules. Keys are dead. New battery with receipt this week.

I parked her 8 months ago when I got a Gx470. When I went back the battery was dead so I replaced it. It ran until I parked it. I have included a Black Box Solutions reset module but it didn't work.

The starter won't even kick and I'm getting no security lock out warning in the dash. Probably corrosion on starter?

I loved this vehicle intensely while it was my camping vehicle. It's my favorite car of all life. I have TONS of extra parts including a full door and solenoid box and fuse box.

I'm having a hard time letting it go because I don't want a single mom who thinks it's a nice Ford Excursion, to buy it then be surprised it's an exotic vehicle. And it don't want it scrapped.

What should I sell it for? Pictures tomorrow because it's dark and I need to do this now or I'll lose my nerve. Love ya guys!

x

x

x

x
DSCF8302.JPG
DSCF8301.JPG
DSCF8300.JPG
DSCF8303.JPG
DSCF8299.JPG

x

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,410 Posts
I think .............. in a couple of years time you are going to look back and regret selling it.

Better idea is to fix it up now (as a lockdown job?) or store it under cover as a future project.
If you sell it, what for ... a few thousand dollars? then risk a single mom bringing it back to fix.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think .............. in a couple of years time you are going to look back and regret selling it.

Better idea is to fix it up now (as a lockdown job?) or store it under cover as a future project.
If you sell it, what for ... a few thousand dollars? then risk a single mom bringing it back to fix.
I cannot restore, I have no time and I have a 67' Cougar. I am working full-time plus doing travel nurse credentialing. Pictures posted, want her?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much is this worth? Who wants her guys? Colroado Denver Metro tow away or fix here and drive. Oh and she has a brand new heated front windshield.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Honestly I’d get it running first and then sell it. You’ll get killed in value for a non-running vehicle, especially given all you’ve done to it.

Start with the battery first, full charge, check the cables and ground, then have a look at the starter. You should still get accessories firing up with a bad starter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Check to see that the spark plugs are getting spark... trouble shooting starting is easy enough without sinking money unto the truck since you seem set on selling it. Wake her up and get value for it. Besides, if it isn’t running someone is liable to buy it to strip it and scrap it :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Check to see that the spark plugs are getting spark... trouble shooting starting is easy enough without sinking money unto the truck since you seem set on selling it. Wake her up and get value for it. Besides, if it isn’t running someone is liable to buy it to strip it and scrap it :(
Alright. All the electrics work even the dash lights and such but not even a kick in the starter with a brand new battery. I just want this done. Colorado boys who wants her cheap?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hear you! If you were in BC I’d already be by with a trailer to get it!

Sorry to not have been helpful in the slightest in this thread.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,198 Posts
Checked the fuse in the underbonnet fuse box? F40 - 40A on the Thor model. It's usually shared between the starter and the EAS compressor - but if you have manual valves on it, then might not notice it had failed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts