Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
151 Posts
Sorry this is a bit late as it turned wicked cold here in the MidWest.

I had the pleasure of doing business with Scotty recently,

http://www.becmdoctor.com
http://www.socalusedroverparts.com

My dealer wanted to search for BECM issues at $150 an hour.
The local shop wanted to send the BECM and Lock to someplace in England for about 2K.

Good thing i looked at this forum.
Scotty knows the P38 up and down.
Was nice and willing to put up with a couple of stupid questions.
Most importantly he got my BECM up and working without having to give out my blood type or sell a kidney :D

Excellent asset to both the forum and the Range Rover community.
I would not hesitate to recommend going to him.

Thank you for all your help Scotty !

Hopefully this post will help someone else in need of BeCM help

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
863 Posts
I had the same experience with Scotty this month too. but I have to say he is not a doctor. HE IS A SAINT! Worth his weight in gold.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Scotty? Looks like neither website is up and running (and acknowledging it's been some time since the last response to this thread). Have a P38 with some BECM issues I am working through. Thanks!

·
Administrator
4,229 Posts
He's not been seen for years now and gave up doing P38 work. What are the issues? The BeCM often gets the blame when there is nothing wrong with it and the cause is something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
He's not been seen for years now and gave up doing P38 work. What are the issues? The BeCM often gets the blame when there is nothing wrong with it and the cause is something else.
Thanks so much, Richard! Issue:

• Odometer showing "Odometer error" - speedo, tach, and mileage counter do not function; all other gauges (i.e., temp, fuel, dash lights) are fully operational
  • Swapped odometers (before reading these threads) and got the same issue, only to find out it could be tied to reconciling the BECM and odometer (after reading this thread)

Now appealing to understand what to do next instead of going to a LR dealer or indie mechanic. Grateful for your help!

·
Administrator
4,229 Posts
Syncing the odo to get rid of the odometer error is something that can be done with a Nanocom and probably most other dedicated P38 diagnostics. It doesn't need any work on the BeCM. It happens if the car is driven with the dash disconnected or with a different dash cluster fitted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@P38a Don't forget that syncing BECM & Instruments with Nanocom will set them both to whichever is the greater mileage !!
Ahh yes, good call out. The new odometer was very close, albeit slightly lower, so I should be in good shape. Now hunting down a Nanocom. Will post more here once complete. Thanks @pwood999

1 - 10 of 10 Posts