RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove both models and yes, the SC is a bit more aggressive, but not a whole lot, and the seats are perforated, which I didn't like. I figure this truck is going to be used for cruising around, not drag racing. Spending the extra $13,000 for the SC didn't seem logical - don't we all have better places to put our money? Anyway, I bought the regular HSE with the Lux Int package - the leather is amazing! And what about the 20" SC wheels vs. the 19" HSE wheels? I couldn't tell the difference unless the two were side by side, and even then it was tough to tell the size difference. The only real difference in the wheels is the styling - and I do like the 20" SC style better, and will probably upgrade to them when they become available as an option (dealer told me a couple months). Dynamic Response comes standard on the SC, and is an option on the HSE. I've heard it's a nice option to have if you're going to be cornering fast around a bend - it shifts the weight around and prevents a roll. I'll have to be careful not to make any fast turns. I have to admit the chrome exhaust tips on the SC are really cool looking- the HSE doesn't have those and I might have to see if I can get those custom. Anyway, I love this truck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you presently get the Dynamic Response/Brembo Brakes option on an HSE? It is described in the brochure as an option with "delayed availability."

I was told by three different dealers (OC, San Diego and Denver) that LR has no code as yet to order the DR/BB option on an HSE, which likely means that no HSE deliveries to Western US will have the DR/BB option before January 2006 (at a minimum -- maybe longer).

If you know something different, please post asap. I'm about to buy the HSE without the Dynamic Response.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would guess the dealer knows best. I've heard the DR would be an option, but that was from some guy on Edmunds.com - I pasted his quote below. I also read about it in Automobilemag.com, the link is down there too. Anyway, as you add on all these options you're getting pretty close to the SC price anyway. Midas will just get the SC if you think you might need the stuff it comes with. My feeling is if you don't know the difference, then there is none. Good luck.

"I just found out from a local dealer (So. California) that RRS HSEs with the optional Dynamic Response package should be available by middle / end of August around here. I hope these nasty "dealer markups" will be gone by then, at least for non supercharged RRS, since I test drove an HSE last week, loved it and really want to order one without getting robbed by the dealer in the process."

http://www.automobilemag.com/2006_sneak ... ver_sport/

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you put those tips on there? It looks like you had to have the old ones cut off, since the originals bent down a little bit. They look great! That's exactly what I want to do to mine. What do you suggest??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts