RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I hope you can help me. All the sudden for no reason, the GPS on the sat nave screen has totally gone. I don't know what has happened and I hope someone can shed some light on it for me.
Thanks in advance
Ross

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
So what have you checked so far? Fuses? Connections? Disc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm useless with cars. I've checked the disc and connection to the drive under the passenger seat. All fine.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
What is it doing?

No display at all? Only displaying the LR logo? No map display? No GPS signal(small gps symbol with a line through it)? Not tracking your driving correctly?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
If you don't have the GPS logo, how do you know you aren't getting a signal?

You can do a search on here for instructions on how to enter the hidden menus in the screen. There is a section where you can view satellite reception.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The GPS signal box will appear with a line through it and then vanish. I'm unable to enter addresses and postcodes.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Entering the address has nothing to do with the GPS signal. Are the boxes greyed out, or will it not accept anything as valid.

The logo showing up and going away means that you are getting and losing GPS reception. This could be just where you are, tall buildings around? or could be your antenna going bad.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
:lol: This is known as the pulling of hens teeth diagnostic method.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's worked fine in the area I live before. The boxes are greyed out yeah. Is the replacement of the antenna a main dealer job?
I appreciate all your help by the way. I don't know much about these things, so yeah it is like pulling teeth. Sorry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts