RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Guys,

Can any of you Gurus tell me from the attached photos as to whether the above recall has been done on my car? Landrover say it was done but I'm not sure, I thought if done it should have 2 pipes going to the vacuum pump, not one? I have the bubbling in the pipes/servo and a hard pedal if braking for more than a few seconds.
pipes.jpg pipes2.jpg

Any info greatly appreciated guys.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
did you list the year of your rig or maybe I missed it?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Most of the people on this forum never saw the tdv6 which may explain why no responses... Unless that was an issue with all L320s.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Well now that you have indicated what vehicle you have I can now help as I have the same engine and have the steering wheel on the correct right hand side of the car (not rig or truck).

I am about the only person with a diesel that posts regularly here, as being a US site they do not have the diesel engined L320 here. It is a great forum for other aspects as the Americans often do things differently and it is great to get a different perspective - but for diesel specific aspects you would be better on the UK sites https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/ or https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/

My recall was done very late in December 2010 (along with the HP injection pump recall) as it had been missed when the initial recall was advised. My booster arrangement is exactly as is in your pic. Below is wider view which indicates the pipe arrangement between the booster and engine ancillaries.

I am not sure if it can be done now but you used to be able to enter your VIN into Topix and it would tell you if all recalls have been done - it was through Topix that I found that the Booster and Injection pump recalls had not been done on my car.

From your pic I cannot tell if the recall has been done, mine has been done and does not have two pipes going to the booster.

Be aware that even when the recall has been done, getting oil in the booster can and has happened, normally long after the work has been done and owners do not get and help from Land Rover. Go to the UK D3 site and they will be able to answer all your questions.
IMG_20190712_111057

Garry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Apologies for not replying earlier, I have been abroad working.

Thanks very much for the info, I am about to do battle with the dealer I bought the car from (4 months ago), and LR UK to see if I can get the recall work done again - properly this time. According to the main dealer it was done in May 2017, so should not have gone bad again in that time.

Again, thanks for your input.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
26 views and no reply/comment? Surprising!
Not at all surprising when you have not provided any information for your Rover.

General rule of thumb for ACTUAL recalls is that the dealer that performs a recall installs a foil recall service tag with the recall number written in a blank box on the service tag. This recall service tag is usually located on the slam panel under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK duly noted and chastised :roll:

End of the tale is that the dealer I bought it from (non LR) is taking it back and sorting it free of charge.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info - duly chastised and wrist slapped :roll:

Anyway end result is that the dealer I bought the car from (non LR) finally caved and is taking the car back to have the issue sorted free of charge as I have only had it 4 months. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts