RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2006 RRS has a yellow suspension fault. The code reads a fault with the back driver side height sensor. On the 4x4 info screen I can see that tire is all the way down. However, physically all the tires are at the correct ride height. I plan to get the height sensor replaced but it will be a week until I can do it. My question is can I still drive the car without running into problems until then. It is my only car and I stay in a rural area so I am trying to avoid a situation where the car doesn't know its height and drops all the way down making it undriveable. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Yes it is typically safe to drive. There are bump stops that the car will rest on when it does lower and there is no safety issue nor will it cause any damage to anything. Yes the car might lower or fault and drop down on the bump stop/stops. the ride will be really bouncy and uncomfortable when the system is down.

just a note if there is a leak in the system then the compressor will run excessively and there is a chance of premature compressor failure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts