RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new safari fogs blew out one circuit for a low beam, need this part from under the passenger seat... anyone got one?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Which BeCM do you have? More importantly why on earth are your safari lights wired to pull power form the lighting circuit?

I would suggest getting a hold of Scotty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes... huge error at my shop.

Bosch, 01- would parts from the GEMS not be the same for this little board?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told I need one small part that is within the BECM... I do not need an entirely new unit, but I can go that route if I need to. Guess it requires reprogramming etc

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
It all depends on what failed. Unless you are doing solder, work there is no such thing as a "one small part". Someone with no experience in BeCM workings and repair would be replacing the entire power board. However we would still need to know which variation of the BeCM you have to be sure. I still suggest contacting Scotty who can repair what you have or if something is seriously fried he can advise further.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx.. scotty has chimed in to me. I have some local rover techs who can dive in and try to fix the board. I do know of Becms selling for 200... so hope to beat that in labor on this fix

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
Sounds like it's just a MOSFET that's failed. They are pretty easy to replace, trying to get working ones off a board are a bit of a pain, but removing a dead one to replace it isn't as bad. Definitely fixable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts