RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was finally able to locate a brushguard close to me that was useable. It came with the mount bracket for the optional Safari 5000 lamps. NOS lamp kits seem to be fetching a pretty penny from a quick browse online. I’ve seen a few used sets out there that appear to be in nice shape with the exception that the lenses appear to be hazed or fogged. I’m curious if these have glass or plastic lenses and whether or not they may be able to be cleaned or polished back to new (or close to it). Anyone had a go at restoring or refurbing these?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I have restored many headlamps with great success by using the 3m kit from advance, thus if your lights are made with plastic covers I would not be hesitant to try it on them. btw I use spray 9 instead of water.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,410 Posts
I have got a couple of Safari 5000 lamps. They are made of glass and mine have also fogged up pretty badly. The fogging is on the outside of the glass.
It didn't help that I was running 100 watt bulbs in them. They throw out a lot of heat at around 8 amps each which I think baked the outside. Might be better with LED bulbs.
There is a lot of info on Youtube about how to remove the fogging which I have yet to try out.
Let us know how you get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts