Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What likely happened was the Cross-Over Coolant Pipe that is located atop of the intake but underneath the supercharger bursts completely. It's a known design flaw on an otherwise strongly build engine. That is the first place I'd expect to find a coolant leak that isn't visible because it "cooks-off" when it's a smaller leak. Upon complete failure what happens is exactly what happened to you...

New engine, $40,000... Let that loser Dealership totally replace that engine. They lied to you several times so let them pay for their moral bankruptcy! Also request they pay the monthly note until they get it 100% back to you.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My guess is that they will not install a brand new engine but a used or rebuilt one. Make sure you confirm with them.
Range Rover doesn't like to either "repair" or install anything re-manufactured... Nor will they for that matter!

Ask me how I know! JLR's business practice is to pull a new crate motor out of inventory from anyone of their various warehouses and then ship and install it at the repairing dealer's location. There will be no repairing of said overheated engine and they will NOT deal with anything "rebuilt" as standard operation procedure by design. JLR won't even contemplate or ponder the idea thereof at Any level. It's the "throw-away" generational ideology and JLR isn't the first auto manufacturer to implement "it" as part of their standard operating procedure.

I did receive an $8,500 Core Credit for the OEM factory engine that spun her # 5 Rod, thus resulting in a scored Crankshaft and corresponding engine cylinder wall however... Said OEM engine was promptly sent back upon a Freighter to Solihul England's OEM Plant for evaluation/tear-down. Of which I was very appreciative. The new OEM engine came from a Warehouse in Tennessee and shipped to Alpharetta, Georgia for the repair(s). Once received, the engine install and QA/QC took 3 full days for performance and looking for any leaks or software problems. After everything checked out she was returned to me better than when I bought her. I had the Master Mechanic take her home for said several days and drive her as his (good guy btw, paid for he and his Shop foreman, and Service Tech dinner and drinks), own. Everything was better than I had hoped with some "extra's performed" as well. This was this man's experience and of course as always, YMMV...

Reactions: Gladiator1972
1 - 2 of 2 Posts