Range Rovers Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Saturn, you are blowing this completely out of proportion. We are talking about a design that came to be back in 2003 sketches, 2004 engineering and finally a 2005 production start. At 12+ model years later, long since the first gen warranties have expired, and after perforation corrosion warranties expired. Folks have to buck up and expect old car syndrome and issues are going to come to light. Folks need to have a dose of reality, get a grip and move on. It was not a design flaw by definition, it;s just something this model happens to maybe suffer with. Again, if this were wide spread the forums would be full of complaints and questions on fender rust issues like th Classics are with rusting hatches, floor boards, window frames and rear cross members. Let's not have to start pulling panties out of box canyon over a bit of silt collection. :lol:

Yes it builds up behind the guard - so I hose mine out on a regular basis to clear, though rust is not an issue on modern vehicles in my country.

Yup,
Touched up some bubbles on my rear fenders the other day.
Very annoying, but I also had to replace the two rear brake lines because of rust last year.
Seems to me that the couple of extra bucks to put in good brake lines would be a given on such a high end vehicle. My old jag's brake lines were still like new after 25 years.
Also if you look under a Range Rover Sport you will be shocked at how everything under there is rusting like crazy including the fuel tank support.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.