Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found this forum and it's been a great source of information on my RRS. I have a RRS SC 2008 and want to see what I can do to improve its look. I freely admit I am a complete novice when it comes to auto repair / parts / knowledge, but am fairly handy.

I want to start with the wheels. Behind the wheel is a white "crown" that is very rusted. You can see the LR wheel in the attached pic. I don't know if this is part of the rotor or a separate component. The car only has 31k on it and does not need new brakes or rotors (per my last service). If this is not part of the rotor, I assume it can be replaced or repainted? If it is the rotor I can refer to the many posts that talk about replacing the rotors.

Thanks for the help!
Dave
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Spoke

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
464 Posts
Sorry to see it, but I know how you feel, it's eye sore!!
My 2011 SC started doing it also, so I was going to have them anodized in black, and yes it is part of the rotors.

I was going to have them done a week ago, but I traded it in for 13 ATB. If this one does it also, I will have them anodized.
Hope this helps. Nice wheels btw! I've always loved them :)

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
A light sanding and high temp paint does wonders. Matte or flat finish black will make that area pretty much disappear visually.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
Was you RR ever submerged in sea water. That rust does not look like normal ware, especially at 31,000 miles. My 08 has 70,000 on it and the rotors never looked like that at any point in there life. In fact, the more I look at your picture the more suspect it looks.

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport, 2014 Range Rover
347 Posts
I don't know what the deal is with this. We actually bought our 13 Sport brand new with rust spots on the rotors. I agree, it is not pretty to look at.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Are those OE rotors? I have found the OE rotors resist rusting the best. They still rust but not as bad as some of the others.

If your EPB was dragging at any point (and you should be cycling that every month at least) you will get some heavy rusting on the rotors from heat buildup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.