RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm in the Toronto, Ontario area and I want to go in for a rust proofing. Is there any particular mechanic or shop that would best know the RR in the GTA?

I was going to go to Krown on Lakeshore...I've heard good things.

Rob

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
google robison service . There is a bit in there somewhere on their rust proofing treatment using the waxoyl liquid. It is a very expensive job compared to our so called high end treatments. it might give you an idea of what to look for as you check around here. Westminster Motors here in TO does RR repairs and they may be able to advise you. They did an alignment on our 2000 but i always did my own work so I can not say more except they have been around for some years and the owner seems to be there every time I called. I had ours sprayed by Viele Brothers body shop which is a father and son operation and very nice people. They had a special oil they used-may be better than most. However complete car was not covered-i removed a fender well to find no treatment behind it. Which is likely what you will find with most except their price was less. If you follow thru with this search please let us know what you find. Welcome to the site. There is a company better than others and Krown may be the one I also heard about from a dealer in fleet passenger vans. btw robison was close to $1 K a few years ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a membership to a car wash and wash it everyday, every single day, regardless of the weather. In the spring take a couple of hours and use a power washer and wash everything. You will be fine in my opinion and save your money. I wash my 06 everyday and I am sure it will be fine.... My 2 cents.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,719 Posts
Washing your car every day is going to do nothing for the undercarriage or hidden areas only accessible while on a lift. The most important part of any rust proofing job is to ensure the under carriage is absolutely, positively spotless and dry. Rust proofing a used car often results in sealing in sand, road films etc due to poor prep work.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
24 Posts
Hey there,

I'm in Toronto, I had mine done by a place in Scarborough. I forgot the name but I can get it for you if you are interested.

You can message me and I will get you the information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts