RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's a new one on me.
Multiple faults from one Lambda probe, so I replaced it. Still no joy, car starting okay( not as good as normal) but then refusing to pull cleanly and sounding like a cylinder is down.
So got it taken to my local independant who's diagnosed a collapsed cat on the right hand side.
Sure enough, when disconnected from the manifold it started beutifully and ran as sweet as ever. The cat now it's off, rattles terribly and looks full of crud, all sorts of crap falling out.
So he's just ordered me a complete stainless system from Double SS along with sport cats, I've specified 304 all through.
Maybe a blessing in disguise as I was thinking of a stainless system next year. Just a shame it's before Christmas, that means a bit less money to spend on everyone else!
I'll post some pictures up when it's in stock

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You sound like me, I'm hoping for more of a V8 burble Marty! Having it done at Frogs Island just up the road at Milton park.
Just waiting for it to turn up. Double SS need 10 days to make it and get it to Frogs Island.
I can't wait!!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,159 Posts
:). I replaced my exhaust with a standard steel system (from eBay as it was cheaper), and its got a lot more burble now... But then when I got my old centre box out and rolled it out from under the RR, the amount of rattling inside it made me realise just how buggered it really was!!

Sent from my S4

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of selling the cats as the RR ones, and these are genuine, seem to be worth a fair bit of cash. Should I just take them to a scrapper or can anyone recommend somewhere?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe cats are fetching really good money at local scrap metal places. But then someone who needs good cats for their car would be happy to take them off your hands for a reasonable price, still cheaper than brand new ones. Sport cats are absolutely the way to :grin:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe cats are fetching really good money at local scrap metal places. But then someone who needs good cats for their car would be happy to take them off your hands for a reasonable price, still cheaper than brand new ones. Sport cats are absolutely the way to :grin:
You wouldn't want these, they've broken down totally. Full of crud, looks like they've fell apart inside. My local scrappy says he'll give me £80 apiece if they're genuine land rover which they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts