RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn’t find options to add the running boards to help step up into the sport. Did they remove this option for 2018?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is a dealer installed option. Still available on the 2018s.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,771 Posts
Both are available for the Sport 494. speak to your dealer as very few want to install deployable side steps since they were normally port installed and very labour intensive for dealers. standard side steps are easy for the dealer or yourself.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes, I drove an 18 Sport this afternoon and fell into it, then when I got out again same thing, I didn’t notice they were there the first time and forgot the second, I would just have to get used to them, But they are really nice, my Wife loves them , she’s 5ft tall. I would definitely get the running boards. I’m sure these were fixed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, I drove an 18 Sport this afternoon and fell into it, then when I got out again same thing, I didn’t notice they were there the first time and forgot the second, I would just have to get used to them, But they are really nice, my Wife loves them , she’s 5ft tall. I would definitely get the running boards. I’m sure these were fixed.
The Land Rover fixed Side Steps look quite good and to me much better than the deployable ones. In the accessories video when you see a person stand on the deployable ones they flex a little and look a bit flimsy. The fixed side steps seem to be much more popular in Europe and I like how they look and visually lower that middle section of the vehicle. They do hamper off-road performance however if that is something you do.

I had them on my 2010 Sport and they're really helpful for tight parking spaces and for getting out in my garage. You don't have to open the door as wide. Also, I got in the habit of stepping up and in, and not putting my full weight on the left side of the seat (bolster?) When I looked at used Sports the seats always looked completely wrinkled and worn out from people putting their full weight on that part of the seat. And my kid and wife loved them too. I'm getting them on my new SVR as I don't have them on my current Velar and really miss them.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
@rickjones have you looked at any of the aftermarket ones or are you going to stick with OEM fixed boards? Did you install yourself before or have the dealer do it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The deployable ones aren't at all flimsy. I do agree they bend a little if someone heavy stands on them.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Do you know how much the dealer charges? Are they fixed or motorized?
My Dealer is asking $1745 for fixed, $4572 for deployable ( motorized) Installed.

·
RangeRovers.net: Vendor
32 Posts
Hi, at the moment we carry several aftermarket running board options. Here is the link to review all options:
2018 Range Rover Sport running boards
I have also attached a couple of pictures to show you the running boards we offer. The installation is bolt-on, with no drilling required. The mounting brackets and hardware are included into the package, so the installation is ppretty much DIY and requires basic skills and tools.
Here is the link to the detailed installation instruction, that will work for any bolt-on running boards for the 2018 RRS.
Feel free to contact us directly with any questions!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts