RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine has them, they call them deployment steps, come out then go back under the car. Maybe in 2017 but not in 2015 they were no soft close doors.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2015 SCV8 with soft touch doors, so they can come with soft touch. And you can get stationary or powered running boards as far as I know.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
91 Posts
My 2015 has stationary running boards. Work great if you hop out when the vehicle is raised but wasted with access height. They just get your pants leg dirty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has them, they call them deployment steps, come out then go back under the car. Maybe in 2017 but not in 2015 they were no soft close doors.
So the deployment steps and soft close doors aren't available on the 2014 models? Thinking of a 2014 Sport.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is a 2016 (not 15) Autobiography supposedly with every option Lard Rover made. Maybe my idea of soft close doors (like my BMW's) is different than others, but to me soft close doors when the cars shuts the door itself once it reaches a certain point. Your Range Rover does that?

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Mine is a 2016 (not 15) Autobiography supposedly with every option Lard Rover made. Maybe my idea of soft close doors (like my BMW's) is different than others, but to me soft close doors when the cars shuts the door itself once it reaches a certain point. Your Range Rover does that?
Some early models with soft close fell under a recall for faulty latches and their installation was halted while the fix was developed. Soft close for "Lard Rover" :lol: operates as you described. Think self latching trunks on pretty much every US luxo boat from the late 50's.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Running boards are one of my very favorite features on my 2016 SVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
So the deployment steps and soft close doors aren't available on the 2014 models? Thinking of a 2014 Sport.
I had a 2014 SC V8, it had soft close doors. Deployable side steps installed after delivery. My 2015 also has deployable steps which were also after delivery so you can do the steps if you wish, I dont think you can do the doors though since they are a factory only option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't find 2014 models with deployment steps or soft close doors. My X5 soft close doors you gently close the door in the latch closet and shut. It's a nice feature so you don't have to slam your doors.

I never knew that the deployment steps are electronic that come out and also available stationary. The ones on my X5 are stationary only. Must not be available in the 2014 models.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I couldn't find 2014 models with deployment steps or soft close doors. My X5 soft close doors you gently close the door in the latch closet and shut. It's a nice feature so you don't have to slam your doors.

I never knew that the deployment steps are electronic that come out and also available stationary. The ones on my X5 are stationary only. Must not be available in the 2014 models.
with basic, not the deployable running boards https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/679043612/overview/
Not sure where you're looking but as far as the Range Rover Sport is concerned, the running boards have always been around (ever since there's a Sport), and the soft door close was a second generation sport feature with the more color provided above.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The fixed steps are $1482 as an option online. The deployment steps are twice as much at $3612.

If anyone got them done at the dealer after they purchased their car, please let me know which one and how much they charged total with parts and labor.

Also, would you recommend one over the other? I have fixed ones and I don't mind it. Do the deployment steps break down after awhile since its electronic?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had the deployable ones on my '16 SVR that I bought just about a year ago. No hint of any mechanical issues. They are very solid and one of my very most favorite features on the vehicle.

I'd prefer the deployable ones vs fixed. They tend to get dirtier faster than the rest of the vehicle and having them stashed most of the time keeps attention away from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts