RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
The aluminum looking plastic piece on my running boards has started to fall off. Rig is RRS 13 SC Limited. Looking on eBay for some replacements. I've read on here to look for the "pre cut" boards, however, after looking at what seems like a thousand of these things I don't see any that describe them as pre cut. Anyone have success with a certain seller or replacement set that would ease installation? Thanks!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
206 Posts
Funnily enough, I've had a new pair fitted just this week. I won't go into the details of how one got broke but suffice to say, I won't be using a certain car wash again. I spoke to my local indy, who are good. I had seen lots of different types on ebay at around £100. He had quoted me £170. When I asked why the big difference, he told me that quite often he gets people come in with these 'cheaper' ones for him to fit and they don't!! He said quite often the holes don't line up etc. So beware where you buy from. He gets his from an established supplier and he said he'd never had a problem with them yet. I know you're in Illinois but don't get ripped off over these!! Genuine LR ones are around £600. You can get them on the Bay for about £99. Some decent suppliers charge about £150-180 (you'll have to convert pounds to dollars yourself). I know my local ships abroad so if you can't find any at a decent price, message me. By the way, fitting is 2 hours if none of the bolts are rusted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Ya, I too had bad experience with a car wash except my beautiful rims got dinged to hell! Ya, the ones on eBay I've seen are around 120-250USD. I might call some Indies around me and see if they can get thier grubby hands on some. Luckily, most of the under looks pretty rust free...ish, so hopefully those bolts aren't shot! Again, thanks for the reply!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
THe aluminum looking plastic piece? Do you mean the actual aluminum wide extruded stripnthat wraps the outside of the step? If so that’s riveted on and any competent mechanic can replace the rivers for you and make it sound again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that is what I'm talking about. The running boards are sturdy as can be, it's just that aluminum piece that has come off and is hanging on by one of those rivets now and a few pieces of guerilla tape. So you're saying I could just pull into body shop and say, "rivet this back on"?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Yep, simple process. I had to te rivet mine about 2 years ago. On a lift shouldn’t take more than an hour for a decent tech to fix them and get you back on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts