RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add some running boards to my 14RRS, was wondering where the best place to purchase and also ease of installation or should i just take them to a shop to get installed? Keeping in mind that i am not to good with a wrench. Thanks

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Stationary or deploying?

Stationary has been covered in a couple of threads for the 494. They are easy to install and available various sources depending on the style you want.

Deployable have a very detailed and lengthy install procedure. They are also pretty much only available from LR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stationary standard black OEM style, Ive seen various prices across the internet from $200 to $500? Not sure why the big variance. I thought they would be easy to install it just looks like THERE ARE 2 brackets under the vehicle. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have to remove the bottom panels to install, in that case id be taking it to a shop. Thanks

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
The big variance is due to who you purchase from , region and if they are genuine or patterned.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm pretty interested in this topic also, if you do decide to move forward and DIY please keep us posted and post some pics of the install.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hardest part of fixed running board installation is probably cutting back the plastic slash guards (behind each of the jack points). Brackets mount to the underside of the body in existing holes that I believe have to be tapped for treads to mount the bolts. 3 front. 2 rear. Below are pics off my 2014 after removing OEM fixed steps. I removed them after purchasing the truck, as my wife is not a fan of side steps. They are currently listed on eBay a if anyone is interested

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Contacted Atlantic British and they will have Running Boards in stock for my vehicle next month. $650 was the price quote. Figure it makes sense to just purchase and have local shop install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts