RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, I have a 2011 Range Rover Supercharged and am trying to run a 1/0 gauge power wire from the battery to the rear for a sound system.

I found an old thread where a member posted where he ran his wire for a rear amp install; however, my 1/0 gauge wire seems to be too thick to run down that same location. It was along the bottom floor trim panels on the passenger side. the thread is at this link:

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to run this wire instead? I took all the passenger side panels off and had to put them back together, would driver’s side work?

Would running the wire along the outside of the truck be better/only option? If so, where should it be run along to be safe and not be affected by heat, etc.?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
364 Posts
In the rear cargo, passenger side boot, do you have this fuse panel? Can't remember what a 2011 looks like back there. Anyways if yours look similar, you could tap into the thick red wire at the nut for a cleaner look. The red wire comes straight from the battery to the fuse panel. However for your application, if you must run that big of a wire then you would probably have to run it underneath outside, along passenger side to rear wheelwell then into the boot via grommet. Make sure to insulate it and tuck it away very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I actually have the amplifier hooked up to that rear fuse box now and am have electrical issues. I won’t get into detail on the issue here but the details are on my post at the following link:

I am therefore bypassing that fuse box and going direct.

Any recommendation on what to use to insulate the wire? Do you mean like a split loom?

·
Registered
2008 Land Rover RRS HSe
5 Posts
On my 2008 I ran it through passenger side fender vent drilled into the lower drivers side on the interior

Behind Passenger side vent 1/0 awg fosgate with waterproof grommet

Comes out the interior lower driverside footwell and routes under the side mouldings theres enough room under there and ends up under the middle seat in the back

under the hood protect with split loom, drilled in the fender with another waterproof grommet

Zipp tied across the cowl to the battery

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ended up getting it done. That was tough!

I went from the spare tire area (where the amps are) to the fuse box area (right side), then along the passenger side under the trim. At the B-pillar, I wasn't able to go along it since the wire was too thick so I had to cut across the carpet a bit and go under the passenger seat (had to remove the seat). Then back on the other side of the B-pillar and went under the wire harness cover on the passenger side and dropped it into the existing wiring channel. Then up the right side of the glove box. Behind the glove box is a plastic grommet which I drilled a hole in exactly the size of the cable and passed the cable through. I put silicone around the cable for extra protection. Then up to the battery. The battery and battery tray had to be removed to get to the grommet to retrieve the wire from the inside.

I have never done something like this before and was able to get it done, even though it took me many hours!! I doubt the installer would have done as clean of a job as this. If anyone would like more details or has any questions, post a reply or send me a message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts