RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pi***ed off

Sick and tired of this stupid run time error cannot even run a simple vechicle scan
My toughbook must have a virus as I cannot launch Internet explorer or access the Internet
Cannot connect to vehicle server via windows 7 and USB - stupid run time error or cannot find com port

Thinking of getting a Hawkeye - the postage from uk is prohibitive, can these be sourced in the US?

Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No No No!!! all is not well ---------- seems I am using IE9
Have tried all these hooky fixes that research on this forum suggests
1. down load prolfic drivers
2. run Vehicle Explorer as administrator
blah blah blan no thing works -----run time error after run time error - cannot find serial port endlessly - bo**cks
hours and hours ---why is this so difficult - cant even run a simple vehicle scan!!!!

Now have to buy a replacement Tough book or pc with serial port more$$$$$$

BBS IE9.jpg Run time error.jpg

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It seems more folks have piles of problems with their USB adapters than anything else. Old Dell Inspirons can easily be had for $50-$75 and allow for a dedicated XP system with antique IE, RAVE and any other add on bits. When I was runng BS products I spent way too much time banging my head against the wall trying to get them to work with anything less than 10 years old. :lol: It could be done but was way more work than it was worth. I shudder at the thought of trying to run any BBS product on my Alienware!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts