RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, half way through its ninth year the original exhaust system finally succumbed to old age. Manifolds and cats OK but from there back it was completely shot. I was quite surprised that there was little difference in price between a stainless steel exhaust and a quality mild steel replacement. One thing led to another and today a sports stainless steel system was fitted:

Looks and sounds so much better than the OEM system :D

Oh, yes - those two rear tyres are also new ................. so now completely broke!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi
Just out of curiosity who made the system you have had fitted?.

Cheers

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's manfactured by Double S Exhausts but sold as a complete kit (including all new rubber mounts, bolts, clamps etc) by Rimmer Bros.

·
Registered
494 Posts
nice pic. can't wait for an excuse to go stainless. may not go double barrels though. aiming for understated volume. not quite there yet. we salt the tits off our roads and it does a number on the undercarriage, even with hosing under there obsessively. time is on the salt's side. parking near the ocean frequently adds to the drama. was under there for a look see this weekend and the mufflers and cats are annoyingly intact but their mounting hardware is a disgrace i'll have to address.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Double S are offering these quad systems at a very low price at the moment. In fact, I think they are cheaper than their standard dual pipe system.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dutchfrompredator said:
the ..... cats are annoyingly intact ..........
My manifolds, downpipes and cats are also in rude health. However, having now driven for a few miles with this exhaust it is obviously more free-flow as there is definitely a touch more power and it doesn't sound half as asthmatic as it used to above 4k revs. So, sports manifolds and cats are looking quite attractive .............

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rich998a said:
Double S are offering these quad systems at a very low price at the moment. In fact, I think they are cheaper than their standard dual pipe system.
Double S are in Cullompton, only a stones throw from Wellington, so what are you waiting for ............. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I've had a Double S cat back system on for about 2 years now. It is the single system for pre 1996MY. I've actually got a set of sports cats on order with them as well. All in for under £300, (less my trade discount :dance: ) and I've got a set on order for a customer with a Thor P38.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looking good..... Im dying to go quad as well when time allows but here cats have and will remain off.
chopping cats out alone akes a big difference and I also blame them for the carboned up valve issues due to back pressure

1 - 11 of 11 Posts