Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi has anyone removed the rubber strips that run down the side of the car, and how is it done! As I have got some rust spots on the drivers door and the passengers door and the wing, I am talking about the protective strip, that is rubber, it is there to stop other people opening their doors against your car.
please help..

lone ranger

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Each piece has a retaining nut either at the front or rear. Once this nut is removed the strips can be pried off gently from the remaining clips. Directions can be found in RAVE. THe pieces are called "rubbing strips" if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Rear strips curving around rear of car just pull off, no fixing bolts. Rear door strips have one fixing nut visible in the door arch(mine was black plastic), and the front door has a similar nut also accessed just in the door shut. They're only about two inches in from the trailing edges. Once unscrewed the rubbing strips pull straight off.
The bad ones are the front wing rubbing strips. You have to remove the inner wheel arch liner, which means removing the front mudflaps. If it's anything like mine, they were rusted solid which meant drilling the fixings out and re-fixing with larger bolts.
Arm yourself with some extra fixing clips, they have a habit of breaking however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts