RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for my 4.6 1994 I need a new starter motor drive assembly, Are all the v8 startes the same for defenders classics etc
I see on ebay or elsewhere that rtc 5050 is for my p38 as well as the rtc 834 .Which is which ?
I need my p38 daily so I need to order in advance,

·
Super Moderator
2,986 Posts
Why not just get a complete starter? If the drive assembly is worn then so will the motor brushes, the reduction gears and the solenoid contacts will all be on their way out too.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
298 Posts
.... and to be honest, starter are pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Or get your starter rebuild. Not expensive at all and better quality than a cheap new one. The guy I use also cleans the case etc, you can hardly tell it's not a new one, typically not even €100. And he has most types in stock, so when you turn the old one in, you get another one that is already rebuild straight away. You could even do the swap on his parking lot, should you need to.

As for the parts you list, RTC5050 is for the previous generation of V8s (RRC, Disco, Defender), rtc834 for an even earlier version. So I don't think those would work on the P38, you'd need STC1241.
Some good advice, don't just look at Ebay sellers, they often don't know what they're selling. You can find all the part nr on Search Genuine Land Rover Range Rover 1994 - 2001 Classic Parts | Jaguar Land Rover Classic Parts. That way you know exactly what you need and don't have to rely on fitment charts etc.

Filip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts