RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have 1995 p38 and have that nice Eas fault.... 35mph max...... Now I have the rsw program and cable, and I can get it to link up to each other, and have pushed the unlockeas button, everything is looking good so far...... But as soon as I hit the stop button the program the fault pop back up on the dash. So just to run through what I have done...
Plug the cable in
Turn the truck on
Turn the eas program on
Initialise ... I get the green idle...
Read faults.... F8 to fc are all clear
There is nothing under the faults
I push unlockeas
Then STOP.... Then the fault pops back up..... Before I have turn the truck off...

Is there anything I have missed???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I got her she had a few air leaks from the valve block, so I just unplug the compressor and pull the height adjustment fuse thinking that's all I needed to do to get home without burning out the the compressor.... I also put some valves in the airlines so I can put air into each bag... About half way home I got the soft fault, didn't think much of it as when I got home I read it should just go away when I put all the fuses I pulled back in.... But no, it replaced the soft fault with the hard fault... Went to a shop to reset it, but they couldn't read the truck because of the faulty obd2 plug..
So I have replaced the plug, now have the rsw program... So there shouldn't be anything wrong with the truck.......

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
You are still missing the part where you tell us what the fault is and how you repaired the fault. Unplugging the compressor does nothing for the ECU, fault logging or rectification of the initial issue. All you are doing is a half a bypass job. Either bypass the entire system. or repair it and leave your new in line valves for emergencies.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.... Well as far as I know there wasn't one untill I unplug the compressor and pulled the height adjustment fuse... I drove the truck for 100km before I unplug it and pulled the fuse, the only reason I did it was I had to drive the truck another 500km and didn't want to burn the compressor out... Looks like I will have take to the shop and get them to check it out... But thank you for taking the time to reply..

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
If you had no fault then why did you screw with it? :shock: No matter, so you had a fully operational EAS, decided you didn;t want the compressor running so disconnected it and installed a MARS system? All this because you had leaks?

You have removed a major part of the EAS from the system. Of course it is going to cause a fault. You can;t very well expect diagnostic gear to clear a live fault.

Plug the compressor back in, install what ever fuse you removed and let the EAS do it's job AFTER you repair the leaks.. etc. Until such time as you actually repair the system you will have errors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts