RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first all I've mailed Storey and no doubt he'll respond shortly but I'm impatient,,,,,, ordered his new EAS system 23/12 and landed from Denver USA yesterday - that is excellent service indeed - loaded the cable onto my laptop and assumed I'd need to download the updated software from the web site -- either I am being a complete numpty and missing something I can't find anywhere on there to download it,,,,,, any other users help????

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yup I'm a numpty Storey has responded resending the 'confirmation of purchase email' which has the software link and activation code :oops: THANKS Storey - I'd filed the mail safely without reading it - je suis an idiot :oops: right off to play now

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have just got the EAS unlock v3 myself. Also very quick delivery from US to the UK.
Software was in an e-mail link. Seems to be locked to one PC only.
Had a quick play around with it on my p38.
EAS reads gibberish. Heights are all wrong. I also can't get it to read the BECM. I get comms errors. I am on XP.
I was trying to read the ECUs with the engine running, the opposite of Faultmate.
It is as per the instructions but am I doing this right?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just about to go and play with it instructions do state a specific plug n'play process of cable to laptop to diagnostics (dunno why it should make any difference) and that the car can be running or at position 2 --- i'll update later today - main reason i bought it (already have the original software/lead which works fine) was the possibility to play with the BECM / immobiliser (I've also a single licence MSV Extreme). The V3 software is effectively locked to the laptop it's loaded onto but Storey can issue a new activation code if you need to move it to another pc. But it can be used on any P38 ie not vin locked

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi - got EAS settings no problem but same as dave3d BECM communications error - I'll drop Storey a mail with the screen shot

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have been in touch with Storey over the operation of the software.
Regarding the EAS, there is apparently a problem with the software variables during startup. I found if you change modules within the software it causes problems, the readings are all over the place. If however, you come out of the software, then restart it and go directly to the module you want, it works OK. Unlike the free software, there are no timing settings to adjust. It is all done automatically by the hardware which has a USB connection.
I could not get the BECM diagnostics to work at all. I sent him the log files. There is apparently a problem waking up the BECM and getting it to switch into diagnostics mode. Storey is aware of the problem and a software update maybe on the way.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave - still having issues with the immobiliser so haven't been able to play + had wondered about going straight into the becm once i'd got passed that issue -- disappointing there is a software glitch especially as we've paid for the hardware/software specifically to disable the passive bit of the immobiliser - hopefully Storey sorts it very soon as it looks as if it's going to cost me £120 to send the becm to Marty to get him to disable the passire bit of the immobiliser /:(

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Richard,
As I said in my pm, you should be able to enter the EKA directly into the BECM using Faultmate.
However, it can spit its dummy out and go into an alarmed state if you are not careful.
I think it is the same as entering it using the door key. You have to wait between attempts.
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts