RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as per the title the 2005 RRS S/C i hope to buy is suffering from an RSE DVD changer that wont eject, can anyone help with fixing this problem ?.

I'm told its a pioneer unit but cant find any info on here, other forums on online in general about this and how to fix it without having to buy a new one.

Anyone had this happen ?.

Thanks

Carl

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
Assuming this is the factory RSES, I think the DVD changer is manufactured by either Alpine or Clarion, it's not a Pioneer. Is the Eject button lit up and the sliding dust door open all the way? Does the changer play DVDs and respond to remote commands otherwise?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi umbertob

I havent seen the fault in person, the dealer who has it told me its pioneer, is operable via the touch screen and has the remote control so i assume its factory. No matter what the unit the factory rear screens are there so im not sure whats what now /:(

He said that it wont eject the DVD because the electric motors aren't operating. I thought maybe the sensor thinks the magazine has ejected already. Sorry i dont have more to go at.

The dealer has been advised its a new unit and i dare say he will try and change the deal slightly to compensate. Its a great example and i dont want to walk because of this hence the hope it could be fixed rather than replaced.

Any ideas ?.

Carl

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,014 Posts
I've only been able to verify the factory DVD changer is indeed manufactured by Alpine (along with RSE module, remote control and headrest LCDs), other than that I'm afraid there isn't much available in LR's workshop manuals as far as troubleshooting eject problems with this particular unit... :( Replacement (used) DVD changers for these cars are not that hard to find on eBay, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts