RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the site for more information and/or opinions without much luck. In any case, when I ordered my car it seems like that the sale people didn’t like the idea of having this option – both the sale person and the sale manager tried to convince me to skip it.

I wonder why and if they know something I don’t.

I appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
290 Posts
1098STricolore said:
I searched the site for more information and/or opinions without much luck. In any case, when I ordered my car it seems like that the sale people didn’t like the idea of having this option – both the sale person and the sale manager tried to convince me to skip it.

I wonder why and if they know something I don’t.

I appreciate your comments.
My guess would be b/c it's not in stock and will take a while to get.

(Perhaps I should rename myself R1150GS.)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Ditto above.

What will you be using the car for? ie..do you plan to do offroading?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gooseyloosey said:
Ditto above.

Most likely the car will never have to deal with Moab rock climbing, but I do plan on easy off road and towing my Flying Scot or the bikes to track days.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
then you won't need it, esp with a SC

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have it on my HSE. I think I used it about a total of 3 times since I've had my truck. I don't think it was worth it. Unless, if it was like the LR3/LR4 where you got a full-size spare. Then in that case, it would be worth $500-600.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
1098STricolore said:
gooseyloosey said:
Ditto above.

Most likely the car will never have to deal with Moab rock climbing, but I do plan on easy off road and towing my Flying Scot or the bikes to track days.
I'll third that you don't really need it. So if its a big problem getting it as an option you prolly want to skip it.

IMO, 99% of offroading you can reasonably do in a stock RRS can be accomplished w/o it...but that 1% of time you get a spinner on both the front and back and you cant rock it to and fro out, it will save your bacon.

But, you can also do donuts in the mud and snow with it. :thumb:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Interesting. I'm on the other end of chronoguy. I have the LRD also, but I'm glad I got it. I really can't say "how much" (obviously can't compare to not having it) I've needed it, but if you do plan on "easy off roading" as you put it; just get it. You might end up doing more and more and wish you had it. I will say that I believe it does help a bit on more technical uphill rocky sections. Having the rear locked will help you to not slide as much between and up rocks and will give you more control and allow you to keep the proper momentum, IMO. The first time I noticed this was on a trail being led by Bill Burke and I could really feel how that locker was doing its job. "As slow as possible, but as fast as necessary."

Hope that throws a wrench in your plans. :thumb:

EDIT: Looks like you already bought the Rover...nevermind then? :lol:

EDIT2: Did you get the LRD or not?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you TripleE for your informative post. and yes, I already ordered the car with RDL - thinking that despite what the sales people tell me I might need it in the future.

I am glad I was right.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts