RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a similar topic a few months back, but never really figured out a good answer. I need to replace the tires on my RRS and I'm running the 275/40R-20 on the truck. I don't want to go in debt buying some but the the Contis are just too soft and I'd rather raplace all 4 than just one each time it needs it. So here is what I'm looking at. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hankook Ventus ST RH06
Bridgestone Dueker Alenza
Fireston Destination ST
Continental Extreme Contact DWS

·
Registered
19 Posts
I own a service center and I just put a set of the RH06 on a customers Rover and he came back to say how impressed he was with the tires and cost. For $700 out the door you can't beat them. I will be putting these on my 07 Sport SC come this fall. I put these tires on pretty much all the SUV's that come in with big rims and everyone loves them so far. Not to mention they have a 60K warranty. At least I get that warranty on them, not sure about what other shops charge.

·
Registered
67 Posts
07RRSportSC said:
I own a service center and I just put a set of the RH06 on a customers Rover and he came back to say how impressed he was with the tires and cost. For $700 out the door you can't beat them. I will be putting these on my 07 Sport SC come this fall. I put these tires on pretty much all the SUV's that come in with big rims and everyone loves them so far. Not to mention they have a 60K warranty. At least I get that warranty on them, not sure about what other shops charge.
What is your opinion on these vs Michelin Diamiris? That's what came stock on mine and what I run on my Cayenne in 19" and love 'em on both - but obviously need to tread lightly in rain & snow!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What is your opinion on these vs Michelin Diamiris? That's what came stock on mine and what I run on my Cayenne in 19" and love 'em on both - but obviously need to tread lightly in rain & snow![/quote]

Personally I am not a big fan of any of the big guys like Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear, etc.. Most of these tires are installed on cars that are absolutely the wrong tire. I don't care what vehicle a tire is installed on, if you properly maintain the tire you should get a ton of miles on them. The conti's that come stock on our Rover's are a perfect example of a completely useless tire with aweful life spans. Don't be afraid of these off branded tires that don't get the spot light. They are usually a much better tire and get produced in alot of the same plants and fashion. Honestly, a perfect example is a tire called MasterCraft. They don't make sizes for these rims but on a normal passenger car these things will get 80k easy and cost 50-80 a tire for all your typical sizes. They are a off brand of a major manufacture but cost a third of their normal prices. I would go with the RH06 if you want an awesome tire that will last and go in all conditions. If you want to stick with a branded tire, drop $350+ on those horrible conti tires and park it when it's anything but dry roads.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the inputs. I decided to go with the Hankook Ventus AS for my SC. They'll be a bit better in the bad weather from what I read. I was following the wife home after picking the RR up from the dealer today. Had to have it towed in with yet more things breaking and I watched the tires. The stock Contis have a ton of flex. No wonder they wear out so fast. From what I understand Michilin actually ownes two percent in Hankook and they local tire dealer says he's got nothing but good comments from customers. They go on Saturday morning. I'll post some impressions after.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the tires are on the truck even though they are the Ventus ST not the AS as I had asked for. I walked out after they installed them and I'd been looking at the tires so much I saw the tread and knew they were the wrong tires. Well they never ordered the right AS like they said they would. To say the least I wasn't happy. They took some money off and I kept the STs because my other tires were shot. The allignment will happen on Monday and I've only put about 20 miles on them but I like them. They are quiet and ride nicer then the Contis. I do have the caution for checking all four tire pressures. I assume that's from the TPMS since the tires were changed. Is there a way for me get rid of that that light or is this something the dealer needs to do? Can a auto repair place rest it? The dealer is more then an hour drive away and I'm trying to make that drive it I don't have to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Replacing the tires should not have set that off. Check to make sure you have 38 psi in the fronts and 42 psi in the rears. If that doesn't work then it is also possible they damaged one of the 4 when doing the tires and that has now set the light off. The bad part is that it is generic and will not tell you which tire is seeing the error on our dash boards. In my Acura it will tell me exactly what tire to look at. But start with the air pressure.

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I infleded them a bit higher and started the truck. Then I a blead them down to 38 in the front and 42 in the rear and it rest. I appreciate the help. I do have to say the truck rides good with the Hankooks. I towed my boat to the lake last night and it rode great.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Give 'em a good workout after the alignment and let us know what you think!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts