RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting to move the vehicle by depressing hard on the acceleration pedal, it rev up to 3200rpm and drop. The vehicle will not move above 30mph. The gear will not shift above 4th gear. On very few occassion, "HDC Fault System Not Available" will comes up on the message center. My dignostic tool always logged faults as below:
IPC Faults
U0132-87: Lost Communication With Ride Lvel Control Module
.missing message
U0182-87: Lost Communication with Front Lighting Control Module
.missing message
PCM Fault
P0441-00: Evaporate Emmision System Incorrect Purge flow
.no sub type information
BCM Fault
B1B02-28: Low Frequency Coil
. signal bias level out of range/zero adjustment
B1C57-14: Passive Start Ignition Relay Coil Circuit
. circuit to ground or open
B1D12-15: Volumetric Alarm Power Circuit
.circuit short to battery or open
U0155-87: Lost Communication with Intrustment Pack Control Module
.missing message

When tried to do the standard height calibration on the air suspension, it logged missing calibration. I only clear this using restore calibration on the diagnostic tool.
Any ideas will be appreciated

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
OK, considering the seemingly unrelated fault codes you are pulling from a variety of modules, the most likely scenario is a faulty electrical or bad grounding connection somewhere that's causing the whole network to go berserk. Check the battery area and adjacent BJB. Is the battery the original one (it may be due for a replacement)? Any signs of leakage from it? Open up the BJB and visually check for obvious signs of wear on wires and electrical terminals. See attached TSB on checking the BJB connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gooseyloosey said:
fayodeji said:
Any ideas will be appreciated
Leave it unlocked with the keys in the ignition in downtown Lagos.
gooseylooser or what you call yaself, you not my friend. What kind of nickname is that anyway. Checking the urban dictionary regarding this nickname, 12 definitions found including: Not following prescribed guidelines or general societal expectations. Very casual. Bypassing certain boundaries. :lol:
Anyway I'm allergic to chimps :lol:

umbertob said:
OK, considering the seemingly unrelated fault codes you are pulling from a variety of modules, the most likely scenario is a faulty electrical or bad grounding connection somewhere that's causing the whole network to go berserk. Check the battery area and adjacent BJB. Is the battery the original one (it may be due for a replacement)? Any signs of leakage from it? Open up the BJB and visually check for obvious signs of wear on wires and electrical terminals. See attached TSB on checking the BJB connector.
Umbertob, thanks for this. I'll work on this and keep you posted.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
fayodeji said:
What kind of nickname is that anyway. Checking the urban dictionary regarding this nickname, 12 definitions found including: Not following prescribed guidelines or general societal expectations. Very casual. Bypassing certain boundaries. :lol:
All of the above. One thing is for sure: Our forum wouldn't be the same without him.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Fayodeji, I thank you for the kind words...I think.

I looked up "event horizon" in Wikipedia and here's what it says (stay with me on this as I will relate it to your RRS in a minute):

"The most commonly known example of an event horizon is defined around general relativity's description of a black hole, a celestial object so dense that no matter or radiation can escape its gravitational field. This is sometimes described as the boundary within which the black hole's escape velocity is greater than the speed of light. A more accurate description is that within this horizon, all lightlike paths (paths that light could take), and hence all paths in the forward light cones of particles within the horizon, are warped so as to fall farther into the hole. Once a particle is inside the horizon, moving into the hole is as inevitable as moving forward in time (and can actually be thought of as equivalent to doing so, depending on the spacetime coordinate system used)."

As relates to your RRS:
black hole=something that sucks in all matter(money) and radiation/light (your time).
event horizon=the day your friend decided to mess around w your electrical system while the engine was running

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,456 Posts
It's the Rumble in the Jungle all over again! I know, I know...wrong country...

`) `)

Joisey vs. Nigeria - Round 1 Ding Ding Ding!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey fayodeji,
which mechanic do you use for your range rover in Lagos. I reside in Festac Town when in Nigeria.
I have my 2003 RR there which i use while on vacation or business and I think i will be scared to give it to just any mechanic if anything happens.
This 06 u have sure has a lot of problems though...hope you get it all figured out.

olddog

·
Registered
5 Posts
For these errors - B1B02 LF Coil Internal Failure, B1C57 Passive Start Ignition Relay Coil Circuit Fault. Try replacing the light bulb that sits in the ring around the ignition key hole. Supposed to light up green so you can find it in the dark but if it fuses it sometimes causes weird and wonderful errors.

Remover steering column covers, wiggle the black piece on the front of the ignition switch till it comes off. Disconnect plug. Carefully unclip the cover off it (four or so little tabs). Carefully remove white lens out of it to gain access to the bulb, keyword - carefull. At the back of the bulb socket there is a tiny hole between it's two connectors that u can use a small jewelers screwdriver to push the bulb from it's socket. Remove green condom boot and fit to new bulb. Reverse above to assemble.

Regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts