RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.... my lease for my 2007 RRS HSE+LUX (Black/beige) ends next week and after visiting the stealer I have taken a quote home for a new 4yr lease on a 2011 HSE+LUX1(new pack incl. the extended leather)+LG7(audio) in Stornoway Grey on Black leather w/ contrast stitch and Angire wood trim.. It looks good, although I would have preferred wood with a grain and no contrast stitching... These babies are very steeply priced north of the border so that's about as specced up as I am willing to go.

Now on my 2007 I had the stock 19" wheels and kept an extra set of Dunlop winters to swap the stock Conti's out for every season change. Worked well but a pain and pretty expensive tire swaps every time.
Since the new car comes on 20"s and the Dunlops were pretty much 85% worn down anyway, I will have to seek a new winter tire solution.

The stealer asks about $4000 for a set of rims with winters so that's a nono.... At tirerack I can get 4 winter tires for about $1200 but then I would spend another $200 every 6 months for the swap, so perhaps finding a cheap set of wheels will be a better option? Looked on ebay but most seem to be replica's - don't know whether I should go that route... If $4000 rims is the alternative, I will likely stick to swapping the tires on the same rim every fall/spring...

Any advice???? Much appreciated!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rims on my current car are going back with the car at lease end though, and the tires I still have only have about 15% left on them. So my thinking was, with a clean slate what would be my best option? Putting 2006MY wheels on a 2011 car... not so pretty, don't you agree? Maybe I should find the 2010/2011 19's as used wheels somewhere, but that will be difficult i think...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Ah, if you are going for looks that's a different story! :lol: Personally, I don't much care for the standard million-spoke 19" wheel they introduced on base 2010 and 2011 Sports myself, and prefer the design of the 19s you are returning with your 2007. If you have the storage room though, having an extra set of wheels (19s are usually cheaper than 20s and good snow tires are available in that size, only reason why I was suggesting the 19s over a spare set of 20s) sounds so much more convenient than swapping tires on the same wheel twice a year.

PS: Don't forget you will also need an additional set of TPMS sensors if you go with an extra set of wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
umbertob said:
The 19" rims from your 2007 will fit the 2010//11s, as will the slightly different 19" style from 2006s. Those OEM rims are usually easy to find and relatively cheap on eBay. Here is an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RANGE-RO ... ccessories

Sorry, but the old 19" style wheels from 2005/2006 wont fit MY2010/11 cars

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's really odd. According to more than one dealer over here, MY2010 cars come with slightly larger disks and therefore the old design 19" wheels cannot be fitted. It just shows :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Actually, the 2010-2011 brake discs themselves (both front and rear ones) are carryover from 06-09 models, except Supercharged trims which got all-new, high performance 6-piston front Brembo calipers and vented discs with last year's face lift. It's the new standard calipers that are a tad larger, but not enough to make them incompatible with both styles of "old" 19" wheels. As far as I know, these same 19s should also fit the new Brembos of the 2010 Supercharged.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts