RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here. I'll be leasing an RRS soon. After paying off my other car I decided that I will lease from now on. My local LR is having specials on RRS but are we allowed to change the wheels on leases? Or am I allowed to ask or request for different wheels during the process?

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport HSE TD6
10 Posts
My understanding (based on my recent experience) is if you want different wheels you have to order a different vehicle. The wheels that come with is are part of the package of that vehicle. What we ended up doing was purchasing a new set of wheels and storing the ones that came with the leased vehicle. When we return the vehicle the purchased ones are our to sell at our discretion and they will take back to the leased vehicle with the wheels that came with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding (based on my recent experience) is if you want different wheels you have to order a different vehicle. The wheels that come with is are part of the package of that vehicle. What we ended up doing was purchasing a new set of wheels and storing the ones that came with the leased vehicle. When we return the vehicle the purchased ones are our to sell at our discretion and they will take back to the leased vehicle with the wheels that came with it.
Hi, thanks for your insightful advice. :).....Did the dealership question you when or why you changed the wheels or they don't care?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, thanks for your insightful advice. :).....Did the dealership question you when or why you changed the wheels or they don't care?
They didn't care at all. From their perspective it's better for them for you to take off the stock wheels and put your own on as when you return the vehicle the stock wheels will be in brand new condition. better for their resale.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd like to add that they feel the same about vehicle wraps. They prefer you wrap the vehicle as it protects the original paint

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to add that they feel the same about vehicle wraps. They prefer you wrap the vehicle as it protects the original paint
Thanks Bottleflipper..:)It's my first time leasing an RRS and Ive been doing lots of research. If you have any more suggestions, please share them my way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No problem. Leasing is def the right decision. Good luck and can’t wait to see what you get!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts