RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of around town driving... original plan was to get an X7 but decided gonna wait for a couple years on it... need to get something to beat around for the next year or two. Deciding on if I should get a TD6 or a gas engine. Can't decide on which engine to get

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
If money is not an issue, go test drive the V8.
If money is an issue, do not, under any circumstances test drive the V8.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need a car to take the kids back and forth school and the occasional commute. Money is always an issue... Reliability and practically is what I'm looking for

·
Registered
39 Posts
Once you drive the Supercharged V8 you will be hooked like I was . You will be a more spirited driver here . shitty 13-14 mpg / highway 18-19 that's it . And 91 octane minimum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Need a car to take the kids back and forth school and the occasional commute. Money is always an issue... Reliability and practically is what I'm looking for
If reliability is what you want don't buy a Land Rover. Beautiful vehicles... lots of quarks and gremlins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@maverick62 if I wanted speed, a LR wouldn't be my vehicle of choice... I feel you though. Things we do to keep a balance lifestyle as we get older...

@hutch300 I've already accepted that the RR isn't realiable but since it'll be only for a year no more than 2 years. Hence I'm shoping CPO for the CPO warranty and trade it in for an X7 next year. Hell if it becomes a lemon in a year it'll work to my favor .LOL

I don't like to be early adopter of a vehicle release, dealers don't negotiate and you take the biggest depreciciation.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If reliability is what you want don't buy a Land Rover. Beautiful vehicles... lots of quarks and gremlins.
Sorry if I disagreed, I have a LR3 (110,000Km.) a LR4 (85,000ml) and RRS V8 Dynamic (65,000ml) ALL 3 ZERO issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I will suggest the TD6 since it's for a year or two and it's for commute and picking up kids. Fuel consumption is not an issue on TD6, 600-700km range and $80-90 CAD each time. I have an HST and it's about 15L/100km and around $120 CAD each time

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have to agree, Have had my RRS for 3 years and it's been way more reliable than our X5 ever was, and more fun to drive. The X7 looks like a great truck though. Based on what you're planning to use it for I'd go for the TD6 as well. If you want something that may keep you from having to buy the BMW, get the V8.

Sorry if I disagreed, I have a LR3 (110,000Km.) a LR4 (85,000ml) and RRS V8 Dynamic (65,000ml) ALL 3 ZERO issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a TD6 and absolutely love it!
The low end torque isn’t shabby at all and is very practical for a full size luxury SUV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do a lot of around town driving... original plan was to get an X7 but decided gonna wait for a couple years on it... need to get something to beat around for the next year or two. Deciding on if I should get a TD6 or a gas engine. Can't decide on which engine to get
I purchased a new 2016 RRS HSE TD6 and now have about 50K miles on it. I am extremely happy with this car and my engine choice. I like the torque for towing and off road/dirt road travel. I put AT moderately aggressive tires on it (I do use it off road -- not for tearing up the countryside but for getting out there). But what I really like about the TD6 is the mileage -- I get 27-29 mpg regularly, and towing my A-frame chalet (about 3K lbs loaded) is like there's nothing there. I test drove the gas V8, and honestly the TD6 has great handling and acceleration. If I wanted speed I'd go back the an M5 or Audi. I use this as a true SUV and love it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bought my 2016 diesel HSE at 5k miles, now has 51k. Great truck, good gas mileage, torque monster, quiet, passing from 40 to 70 is unsurpassed. Niggling issues had nothing to the drive train. added the apple car play module from navisworks, great choice I am amazed each time i drive it, comfortable, quiet and very solid. bought an extended warranty recently with the intention of keeping it for a while. it is a color i love, zanzibar, that is no longer made. Oh, and i added a killer upgrade on the stereo. audison amp with a sub and brilliant speakers. less than the all sining all dancing meridian and much better. all in all, very pleased

1 - 13 of 13 Posts