RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMW officially announcing new 2020 X5 M Competition model soon and shipping this Fall with about 625 hp. Again we have heard nothing yet about the 2020 SVR features let alone if there will even be one. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
173 Posts
BMW officially announcing new 2020 X5 M Competition model soon and shipping this Fall with about 625 hp. Again we have heard nothing yet about the 2020 SVR features let alone if there will even be one. Very disappointing.
This makes me thing I should lease my 2019.5 instead of buying it

·
Registered
74 Posts
I’m sorry but appending ‘Competition’ to an X5 M is just stupid. For essentially a software tune.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
85 Posts
With the trackhawk at >700 HP, the 625 isn't all that special sounding. JLR does need a high power engine though, not only is the ford built motor at end of contract, but its also old technology at this point.

This also make the rumor of JLR looking to BMW for next gen motors less likely as i doubt they will want to provide the same or better power plant to a competitors model. Not to mention the new X7.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the trackhawk at >700 HP, the 625 isn't all that special sounding. JLR does need a high power engine though, not only is the ford built motor at end of contract, but its also old technology at this point.

This also make the rumor of JLR looking to BMW for next gen motors less likely as i doubt they will want to provide the same or better power plant to a competitors model. Not to mention the new X7.
Interesting that despite less horsepower than the Trackhawk, the X5M Competition model should match the Trackhawks 0-60 sprint in 3.5 seconds - both way faster than the current SVR.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You are aware that the current Range Rover Sport platform is old and on its way out while the BMW is brand new, right?

I'm sure LR will have an answer to all of these brand new performance SUVs when the all new Range Rover Sport is out in 2021.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are aware that the current Range Rover Sport platform is old and on its way out while the BMW is brand new, right?

I'm sure LR will have an answer to all of these brand new performance SUVs when the all new Range Rover Sport is out in 2021.
Very aware that Land Rover is behind but I am in the market for new vehicle now not in 2021.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Don’t get me wrong, I have loved my 2015 SVR but it is out of warranty and so it time to buy a replacement. I’d like to stay with Land Rover if I can and not wanting to leave the brand if it can be helped.
So buy a 2019.5 SVR and talk to Velocity Automotive Performance in BC and do the crank pulley and tune and you'll have 650HP.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
I just had this conversation with my buddy that got an X5M. I love the SVR, but seems like there’s a lot of strong competition coming up. Not that the SVR was a 0-60 solution, but I think it is the most performance oriented Range Rover.

I totally agree, with OP, they need to up their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just had this conversation with my buddy that got an X5M. I love the SVR, but seems like there’s a lot of strong competition coming up. Not that the SVR was a 0-60 solution, but I think it is the most performance oriented Range Rover.

I totally agree, with OP, they need to up their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, they don't need to "up their game". If they really wanted to compete on 0-60 times to be "the fastest" and give people bragging rights they would try harder to do that. An SVR is about the combination of properties -- luxury, performance, and off road ability, all with fantastic design. Design is key. A trackhawk or X5 doesn't have it. Sure it's all personal opinion but if you can get excited about an X5M you should DEFINITELY buy one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wanted to jump in here quick and say that the BMW X series is just a big ass car, its certainly NOT ready for the side of a mountain like an SVR is. Period.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts