RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've broken one of my 20" stormer wheels, so I've put the spare wheel. It's a 19" black one that looks like a Discovery rim. It says max. 50 miles / hour on it, but why ?? It's a full size solid wheel... So does is that true ? Or can I drive faster until i get the winter set

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is the RRS spare wheel the same as the standard Discovery 19" wheels ? I am considering buying a black set for the winter tires...they look ok

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I never figured it out myself. I have the same full size 19" wheel, the same stock Conti CrossContact tire - and the same stupid sticker. Needless to say, disregard it. That's a perfectly fine rim off a Disco/LR3. My only explanation is that the workers at the UK factory are a bunch of drones and were instructed to stick those ugly yellow stickers on every spare wheel, regardless of whether it's a full size or temporary (compact) spare. Someone in production must have decided to err on the side of caution, especially for cars coming over to lawsuit-happy North American market, God forbid they mess up and forget to apply the sticker on a compact spare rather than a full size. People would no doubt start crashing at 90mph on those tiny donuts and sue for zillions. :D

Most new RRSs come with compact spares these days - must be a cost cutting measure - so consider yourself lucky you got a full size back there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Off-topic, but are your Stormer wheels genuine? If not, do they have the load rating marked on them?

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts