RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need some help here. I just drove my RRS SC from WPB Florida all the way to Southern Ohio. I noticed the Rover seemed to be unlevel while driving it. So I got out and looked at the stance of the vehicle and I was correct.

The driver side when sitting in normal ride mode is about 2 inches higher from tire to fender front and back. When lowered, the distance does decrease, but its still very noticable. Looking from the rear of the vehicle, you can tell that the driver side is higher then the passenger side. (Side note, the tires seem to look like they are cambered out too....is that common?)
?
Suggestions and HELP PLEASE....called LR and they are already closed today and of course not open on Sunday....is this vehicle safe to drive and is there an easy fix or will this require a trip to the dealer. My closest dealer here in Ohio is over 1.5 hours away.....PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks

Todd

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a trip to the dealer for an adjustment to ride height. My steering wheel does have a slight tilt to the right too...might just be a were did they did not align it right.

any suggestions on the tires, they are cambered inward, meaning the top of the wheels are closer to the body where as the bottom of the wheels seem to be farther from the body.
\|
if this was the driver side wheel, the angle would be like this: / and passenger side wheel angle is like this: \ . is that Normal? My view of the wheels from behind.... / \

·
Registered
213 Posts
Means you are running negative camber. I'm unsure of what degree LR specifies... If it's severe you will wear your tires FAST on the inner track. I would check to make sure you're within spec.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
That's happening in response to the uneven suspension, it should go back to normal once the car is level.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Does anyone know the appropriate height of say the top of the fender at normal ride height, off road, and the lowest setting? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that camber result of car being uneven or could that be from somthing else? If so, should this be covered by factory warranty? I do have after market Red Bourne 22s on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts