RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today on RRS acting funny. Sitting at my driveway the right headlight started to flicker like crazy and a bunch of lights starting to pop up on the dash...engine light, transmission fault, HDC fault...everything. my front wipers even turned on. I turned off my headlight and the wipers turned off...turned headlights back on and the car started to act buggy, windshield wiper on again, all dash lights and you can kind of feel the car shake a bit if I turned my fogs or my lights on. If everything turned back off it goes back to normal but all my dash lights are still on including CEL and transmission fault. Any known issues before I take this to my indy shop?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
.I solved the problem. I added some LED front turn signals. I decided to take them back out and make sure I plugged the right head light back on firmly and now the run is running normal minus the CEL that's on

·
Registered
480 Posts
There is some universal law at work here: If the car isn't working after you did some DIY work on it, first, suspect you screwed it up!

I know, a dinosaur!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is some universal law at work here: If the car isn't working after you did some DIY work on it, first, suspect you screwed it up!

I know, a dinosaur!
I guess the problem ending up coming back. The CEL was on so I decided to get the codes read at Advance Auto. 20 codes came up and the rep advised me the most important ones to look at that he discovered was the LEAN code and Transmission control module. I decided to drive to get food and when I got back home to park in the drive way, I decided to replicate what happened the other night.

I turned my headlights on and nothing happened. Turned headlights on with the fog lights and everything started to go crazy. The front right headlight started to flicker, dash started lighting up like a Christmas tree, my front windshield wipers turned on, Check engine, and Transmission fault started to turn on. I turned off my headlights and the front wipers turned off but my dash was still lit up with a bunch of warnings. Turned the head lights back on and everything was going crazy again.

I doubt me changing out my turn signal would cause this but that was definitely the last thing I did to my car. All the wiring connectors are plugged in and I made sure. I will drop the car off and see what could cause this. Hopefully nothing to expensive

Just wondering if anybody has experienced an issue like this before. I was told it could be due to a weak alternator or battery that could cause something like this.

FML...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts