RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have decided to go with a RRS SC MOST LIKELY if not just HSE 06'...

I am debating on whether to go for one thats about 45k miles and pay lets say 35ks for example, or go for one with 55k's miles and pay about 31k's.

Also noticed many RR on autotrader are in the range of 40-45ks miles just before warranty ends. Is this a sign of headaches coming? Because I called the Land Rover dealer on warranty prices and he said 3yrs 36 months, $4,086 with $250 deductible. Is that worth it or just too much to pay...I never buy extended warranty and have never had problems but wondering if this car needs it because hte guy said "this car isn't a car I'd own without warranty"

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
ET7 said:
wondering if this car needs it because hte guy said "this car isn't a car I'd own without warranty"
No way - you mean the guy who was going to get a fat commission off that policy said you should buy it??? :)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
Do yourself a favor and put aside $4100.00 aside for repairs / maint. and your more than likely not going to exceed it in 3 years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TriGem2k said:
Do yourself a favor and put aside $4100.00 aside for repairs / maint. and your more than likely not going to exceed it in 3 years.
You live in Burbank..?
<almost likewise.

Is taht your white RR in your Avatar? what year/model is it? any problems for you?

·
Registered
260 Posts
ET7, yes I live in Burbank and yes that is my Range as my avatar. It's a 2010 RRS HSE. Defintely has glitches but mostly pertaining to software updates that I haven't done yet...

Are you local? If so where?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am BBank as well.

waht type of glitches? Nothing major?
Ima go 06 not 10' though, trying to figure out if its worth paying an extra 5k for SC or just go HSE.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If your going 06 then definitely want a S/C

I've ran my 10 HSE against a 09 S/C and mine is still quicker...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TriGem2k said:

I drove the 10 HSE and it was amazing car.
than drove the 06 SC and it was the closest one to feeling like i twas a 10' HSE.

·
Registered
260 Posts
ET7 said:
TriGem2k said:

than drove the 06 SC and it was the closest one to feeling like i twas a 10' HSE.
I had the choice of a exteremely discounted 2009 S/C (New) and 2010 HSE a hair below MSRP and I ponied up the dough and bought the 2010

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TriGem2k said:
ET7 said:
TriGem2k said:

I had the choice of a exteremely discounted 2009 S/C (New) and 2010 HSE a hair below MSRP and I ponied up the dough and bought the 2010
is your ride stock? or done somse stuff to it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
than drove the 06 SC and it was the closest one to feeling like i twas a 10' HSE.[/quote]

I had the choice of a exteremely discounted 2009 S/C (New) and 2010 HSE a hair below MSRP and I ponied up the dough and bought the 2010[/quote]

is your ride stock? or done somse stuff to it.[/quote]

It WAS stock for about a 2 weeks after the purchase :mrgreen:

I had all the claddings / front bumper / rear bumper painted white to match the rest of the car. Windows tinted 20% and 23" Rinspeed C5/1 wheels... Exhaust tips ordered today... That should about do it for now...

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
i was going to get a 2010 SC but the dealer only had a 2010 HSE, which i drove for a couple days No comparison on the interiors. 2010 has the interior that the 2006-2009 should have had. VEry nice. Otherwise my 2006 SC felt like it performed about the same or better than the 2010 HSE.
I have not driven the 2010 SC yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TriGem2k said:
I had the choice of a exteremely discounted 2009 S/C (New) and 2010 HSE a hair below MSRP and I ponied up the dough and bought the 2010[/quote]

is your ride stock? or done somse stuff to it.[/quote]

It WAS stock for about a 2 weeks after the purchase :mrgreen:

I had all the claddings / front bumper / rear bumper painted white to match the rest of the car. Windows tinted 20% and 23" Rinspeed C5/1 wheels... Exhaust tips ordered today... That should about do it for now...[/quote]

any pictures? I think I saw ur car on brand making a left a couple days ago.

U have pics of the tints/rims? where did u find those rims? i was told they are discontinued.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Could have been me...When did you see it? I got the wheels from a forum member... I actually have 2 complete sets :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes the wheels are discontinued thats why I have 2 sets

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u did 20% all around or just the driver side since hte rears are already factory tinted?

wna sell ur 2nd pair of those wheels :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just did the front 2 to match the rest...Shop did an great job.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the second set

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TriGem2k said:
I just did the front 2 to match the rest...Shop did an great job.

I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the second set
the factory is 20%?
where did u do it at and how much

·
Registered
260 Posts
Factory is actually 25% however they only make either 30% (too light) or 20% (just perfect). Since the front windsheild lets in light it gives the appearance that the front 2 windows are always lighter than the rest so with 20% being slightly darker it makes them all look exactly the same

I got them done at Sunshield Glass Tinting in Sherman Oaks for $60. Took them about 30mins and I was out the door. I get great deals from them since I've taken a dozen cars to them. If you wanna go there let me know and ill even roll with you there and get you a deal

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TriGem2k said:
Factory is actually 25% however they only make either 30% (too light) or 20% (just perfect). Since the front windsheild lets in light it gives the appearance that the front 2 windows are always lighter than the rest so with 20% being slightly darker it makes them all look exactly the same

I got them done at Sunshield Glass Tinting in Sherman Oaks for $60. Took them about 30mins and I was out the door. I get great deals from them since I've taken a dozen cars to them. If you wanna go there let me know and ill even roll with you there and get you a deal
awesome yea I'll hit u up for sure.
I am thinking of doing the ones that already come tinted limo and leaving driver side ones either clean as is or 30%.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts