RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have MY18 RRS and am looking for a solution to the cutout space in the right side panel of the trunk. Mine came without a net so makes this space useless. What have you guys done with it?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
I have a few ideas.

One I'm not sure if this works for the RRS, but maybe something to check into (https://www.ebay.com/p/Land-Rover-VUB000710/1511224854?iid=301060613852&chn=ps). EDIT: I don't think it will work, since there is no place to fasten the net.

The other idea I have is you could sew some strips of velcro (hoop and loop) onto a bag or pouch and attach it inside the cubby. I used to own a Infiniti that came with a first aid kit that was like that. As long as you don't remove it often, it should damage (or pill) the carpet. Throw and umbrella in it, some detail spray (to quickly get off bird droppings) and a few small microfiber towels.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm guessing you are not a golfer. It works perfect for golf clubs. Need the extra space for the long woods when lay golf bag across in the back. Not sure it was meant for that but I know several smaller cars that have a cut out in the trunk for that exact reason.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
eBay... they all sorts of generic nets and envelope nets and they come with mounts. I found small nets for the neighbour's Disco rear cut outs. I mounted the bumps to pop the four corners over by running along black phillips trim screw through each one through the carpeted formed board and used speed nut clips on the back side. Trim screws and speed nuts can be found at any auto parts chain store in the bright red "HELP!" card packs on a rack.

Here is one example of a wide generic net with mountings. There are lots of sizes if you browse through "generic trunk cargo nets".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Hatchback-Rear-Cargo-Trunk-Luggage-Storage-Organizer-Nylon-Net-Easy-Install/123246033234?epid=15009680992&hash=item1cb2093952:rk:25:pf:0

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm guessing you are not a golfer. It works perfect for golf clubs. Need the extra space for the long woods when lay golf bag across in the back. Not sure it was meant for that but I know several smaller cars that have a cut out in the trunk for that exact reason.
+1 on the golf bag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts