RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Love that sound, the more and more I hear the exhaust with this tune the more I want it. I tried a few things and currently I have deleted the two factory resonators and in place added straight pipes and a vibrant resonator. Its got the rumble I want but not loud enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing about the straight pipes is drone at 60-80 mph. There is 0 drone with the x-pipe. Can you post your sound and pic of the vibrant resonator?

thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've never done a sound clip but I'll give it a go tomorrow evening along with pictures. I initially tried the straight pipe resonators and there was too much rasp/drone for what I liked. It just felt unrefined. I was going to go with a h-pipe or x-pipe when I decided to give the vibrant resonators a try and it ended up working out well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great!! Looking forward to the vid/sound clip.

I was able to make this from my cellphone, if anyone is further interested I can try sticking a gopro on the back.

Kind of hard to get a photo, but you can see the two vibrant resonators installed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The thing about the straight pipes is drone at 60-80 mph. There is 0 drone with the x-pipe. Can you post your sound and pic of the vibrant resonator?

thanks

I've got straight pipes and I haven't noticed any droning at those speeds

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow, did you remove the mufflers as well or just the resonators?
I just removed the two boxes in the middle of the exhaust and replaced with straight pipes. The exit boxes are still there.

Only afterwards did someone mention to me that the exhaust from the separate banks should be mixed in an x-pipe to smooth out the pulses. But I never got around to it.

We have done a few long distance road trips since, and no complaints about the exhaust noise from my wife. Other than the loud startup, that is

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Kind of hard to get a photo, but you can see the two vibrant resonators installed.

What do these do, if I may ask?

·
Registered
45 Posts
What do these do, if I may ask?

With just the straight pipes I found the sound to be a little too high pitched. I wanted a lower rumble and I think these helped with that. They did quite down the straight pipes a lot though as well unfortunately.

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I was able to make this from my cellphone, if anyone is further interested I can try sticking a gopro on the back.

That is definitely what I'm doing next.

The muffler delete is fun, but too loud.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts