RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic Black 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of a new RRS P400e and it was delivered to me in save mode with 30 miles of EV charge on board.

The following day I had a 32a/7.5Kw PodPoint charger installed at home and on the initial charge, it went from the 6 miles remaining up to a full 31 miles within 3-3.5 hours.

Since then (approx. 10 days), I have been unable to get the vehicle to charge anything beyond 21 or 23 miles even if it is left connected for an overnight session.

Is this considered to be the "norm" or should I be hot-footing it to my nearest dealer? (if and when the world is open again of course!)

I have also noticed sort of a thump noise from the boot sometimes when bringing the car to life (usually about 10 seconds after ignition on) that could be best described as the sound a bowling ball would make if it rolled across the boot floor slowly into the tailgate...

Any thoughts or similar experiences would be welcomed :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have not been able to find a detailed explanation from the manufacturer on this question, but the consensus seems to be that projected mileage you see on your charging app, RR app and the vehicle readout itself are all different. For example my charging station app (Chargepoint) say I have 35 miles at 100% charge and the RR app says the batteries have 22 miles at 100%. The calculations from the vehicle itself seem to be determined by driving habits while the apps tend to predict the same mileage every time.

On a side note, have you been able to figure out how to turn off EV mode? There is a button but it does not seem to do anything. The vehicle always uses up the batteries before going into full petrol mode.

·
Registered
Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic Black 2020
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Since my 1st post I have now spoken to the dealership about the projected EV mileage on the vehicle dropping from the 30 miles that I originally saw at delivery to a now consistent 21/22 miles, and it is indeed as you suspect due to the vehicle learning about your particular driving habits and it then presenting you with a real-world estimate of what you might expect to achieve, given the type of driving that you tend to normally do...

With regard to your question about petrol/EV/Hybrid mode selection, my understanding of it so far is that if you have the EV button selected in the centre console, it will set a preference to use electric but bringing in the petrol engine when needed (steep hills/acceleration etc) but will drop back to electric whenever possible.

If you want to retain the battery charge for use in the city later in your journey for example, you can tell the vehicle to "Save" the battery by doing the following:
From your HOME screen menu (top), swipe left to access further menu options
Select My EV
This will give you the (quite entertaining) graphical representation on the screen of the power source/s being used in real time - electric/petrol/both or regen charging when decelerating/braking.
In the top right corner of this screen you will see SAVE - select this and it prevents the battery charge from being used until you deselect it again.

Hope that helps and thanks for coming back on my post! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts