RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title says, I'm planning on investing on this expensive $700+ accessory only to see this pic in one of the dealer pic. Is it not as bright as advertised? better get an aftermarket instead of this oem?

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
OEM is best. harness. heat sink. high quality LED parts. sundry plastic bits for a clean fit. there is no argument unless you want to exchange quality for discount.

if you roll a $60K+ luxury suv and you have hard time justifying $700 spend on factory accessories, then one may question why you're even in an RRS in the first place, right? and you don't want barney blue. there's so much crapification of auto lights because people are misinformed and uneducated. you want them to be as close to sunlight as possible. but yes, the factory LED DRLs here do have a slight tinge of blue to them depending on angle since ultimately the light source passes thru optics.

i bought mine from this vendor - solid experience and competitive pricing. just make sure you order the right version for your truck (auto or stock body)

http://myworld.ebay.com/fmimports1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason I ask is because it looked yellow instead of the advertised white? I am a purist when it comes to automobiles and I will not buy an aftermarket part like you suggest but will not buy the oem product at all. so, are you saying it is actually white and not yellow? I was ready to sink my $700+ until I saw this pic in the dealer's website.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the reason I ask is because it looked yellow instead of the advertised white? I am a purist when it comes to automobiles and I will not buy an aftermarket part like you suggest but will not buy the oem product at all. so, are you saying it is actually white and not yellow? I was ready to sink my $700+ until I saw this pic in the dealer's website.
again, it's white w bluish tint. even if it were yellow-er, i'd still go with the oem part as i stated there are additional plastic bits land rover supplies you with to ensure a very clean look. the aftermarket one, blue/white/neon whatever, is going to look very aftermarket in comparison. in fact, i would leave it sans LED DRL if aftermarket was the only option.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not a fan of the aftermarket. the only reason why I like to have the led drl for the RRS is because it is oem. if it wasn't oem, i think only audi's should have it. nice wheels btw!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I'm surprised at how yellow they look. I thought they'd be closer to the DRL or brighter. My Wife's Benz has them and they're very nice. I also want this accessory but now I'm second guessing. I'd stick with OEM or nothing. Although I did get the Gibson tips (first non-OEM) part I've ever put on a car I've owned... but that's okay, as I think they look better than the OEMs. The OEMs looked like they'd fit the SC better.

THEROK, very nice looking RRS. Beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts