RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First time posting here, so go easy on me if I mess up! :)

My RRS, L320, 2008, V8 Diesel, is experiencing lazy, or slow gear changes up. Currently, it starts and enters into gear one as normal, changes into gear two at what feels like normal revs. It then enters gear 3 at about 3500 rpm (which feels slightly high), and 3rd to 4th gear is over-high revving change at 4000 rpm. It will continue to change gears all the way up to the final gear No 6. If I use tiptronic all gears work manually as I choose.

Does anybody know why my car is not changing gear at normal slightly lower RPM?

Your thoughts will be hugely appreciated.

Thank you!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
802 Posts
Sounds like you'd benefit from a transmission flush/fluid change. I'd do that first.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
You have several options:

1. Don't press the accelerator as hard as you are doing now...that will allow the gearbox to shift at lower RPM's. We have no idea what your driving style is...so this question is very open ended. Is this a new problem you are having all of a sudden...did you recently change from 18 or 20 inch tires to 22 inch tires...or any other modifications?
1a. Did you just put a spare tire on that is a different size from the other stock tires?
1b. Did you just change out the front or rear tires and have mismatched tires on the vehicle?
2. Provide more information about how many kilometers are on the vehicle...let us know if you are the original owner and also whether you have had any recent service on it...specifically regarding the transmission or transfer case.
3. If you are looking for free advice, then you can't critique the first suggestion from a veteran with knowledge - you could of course take it to your dealer for a free diagnosis too - unless they charge you for that, or an independent LR shop as well.

Without physically seeing your vehicle or knowing more about what you have done recently...many suggestions will be just that...suggestions.

Provide some more background info and others can chime on possible items...you can accept or discard or take to your LR shop for a discussion...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi PJPR01,

Great advice
It was indeed that I had put on a spare, due to a flat tyre and the spare was a ineed different size. Of course all very logical....after somebody kindly points it out first
I feel a fool for not thinking of this.
Allow me to thank you for your extremely detailed reply, all points appreciated and well noted.
Unfortunately it seems that I cannot see my replies on this web-page, so Ill be unsure if you receive this "thank you"... Please drop me a line if you receive it, to save me writing it a 2nd time.
Once again.... thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts